Customize Header and fa-icons

Hi
I´m almost done with the page, now i just have a few questions just to make the page more stylize
is there any way to make the font of the menu in bond, and there is a way to put in the header the contact info ?

Another thing is that when I declare the fa- icon of a service or the about us section the icon dosen’t show, you know how can fix that ?

thanks for all your help

Hello there,

I am sorry. What’s exactly become the issue here? Could you please elaborate it?

Probably you use class names which is only available in the latest version. To load the latest version of Font Awesome script, try adding this PHP code to your child theme’s functions.php file.

function perth_child_loads_font_awesome_script() {
       // Remove Font Awesome from main theme
       wp_dequeue_style( 'perth-font-awesome' );
       // Load latest version of Font Awesome
       wp_enqueue_style( 'perth-font-awesome-cdn', 'https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'perth_child_loads_font_awesome_script', 999 );

Or you can use a functionality plugin like Code Snippets if you don’t want to run any child theme.

Regards,
Kharis

HI !
I´m really sorry for answer so late, The last week was chaotic
I have no problems with the menu, I just want to know if there is any way to make the font of the menu only in the header in Bond like this , and the other thing is that I try to instert the code but it dosen’t work
The page in wich I´m working is:
http://tachyonweb.com/cirat/

Thanks for your help

Hello there,

I just want to know if there is any way to make the font of the menu only in the header in Bond like this

Sorry I didn’t get it. Could you please add some more details? If possible, take a screenshot of how it should look like and put some descriptive annotations.

the other thing is that I try to instert the code but it dosen’t work

It looks like fa-chart-line is only available in the latest version of the FontAwesome. As it isn’t included in the version packed in the Perth theme, you should add the below function to your child theme’s functions to load the latest script.

function perth_child_loads_font_awesome_script() {
   // Remove Font Awesome from main theme
   wp_dequeue_style( 'perth-font-awesome' );
   // Load latest version of Font Awesome
   wp_enqueue_style( 'perth-font-awesome-cdn', '//use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.1.0/css/all.css' );
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'perth_child_loads_font_awesome_script', 999 );

If you don’t want to run any child theme, you can use a functionality plugin like Code Snippets.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi
I have finally manage to use the function to load the font awesome script but now the fa-icons of the other things disappear

and

What can I do to solve that
Thanks for all your help

Hello there,

I visited your site and found that the icons only disappeared on employees widget.

They load fine on other sections.

It looks like the icon class names defined in the widget template file has changed in the current version of Font Awesome script (v5.1.0). To match the class names, try doing the below steps:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box
    (function($){

if( $('i.fa.fa-facebook').length ) {
        $('i.fa.fa-facebook').removeAttr('class').addClass('fab fa-facebook-f');
      }

if( $('i.fa.fa-twitter').length ) {
        $('i.fa.fa-twitter').removeAttr('class').addClass('fab fa-twitter');
      }

if( $('i.fa.fa-google-plus').length ) {
        $('i.fa.fa-google-plus').removeAttr('class').addClass('fab fa-google-plus-g');
      }

})(jQuery);
  1. Update

Clear/flush any applied cache as it usually prevents new code addition from taking effect immediately. https://codex.wordpress.org/I_Make_Changes_and_Nothing_Happens

Regards,
Kharis

Hi
I have already done the change that you suggest and now my fa-icons of google plus work but the icons of the social media still crashed, I have already clean my cache of wordpress as you suggest but it still dosen´t work

Can you check what I can do ?
Thanks for all your help

Hello there,

Have you tried it with different web browser and network/device? Probably there’s a network caching that won’t take the latest changes applied in your site.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, I’m having trouble inserting service icons. I tried all the steps of this support.

Thanks

Hello there,

What class names did you enter? Do you have a link to your site to share here, so I can inspect it?

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks, I just set the icons at CSS editor

Hello there,

Please share that CSS code. Probably there might be some I could correct.

Regards,
Kharis