Customize don´t work when footer is adjusted

Hi,

I customized the footer with 3 widgets in a child theme and after doing so, I can´t get in the Customize menu anymore. The page just keeps loading. This is the second time now after adjusting the footer. The first time I reinstalled WordPress and the theme and builkt everything over. I dopn´t feel like doing this again and wait for the same thing to happen again.

DO you have a solution?

Thank you in advance.
Danny

Hi,

Send me an admin account to vlad[at]athemes.com so I can have a quick look. Reinstalling the theme has absolutely no effect on how things work, unless if you had some custom code changes. So the issue might come from somewhere else.

Hi Vald,

I have found the problem. When I use the siteOrigin widget bundle in the footer for adding google maps etc. the Customize page keeps just loading. When I deactivate the plugin, it works fine.

I don’t know what causes this, but I will not use this widget bundle in the footer area.

/Danny

Yeap, just noticed that earlier, wanted to confirm you also have it installed. It appears that only the map widget is causing the issue.
I also checked and it’s not a conflict with the theme, same thing is happening on Twenty Fifteen also.

Thanks, I have reinstalled it, because I need it in other pages as well.