Customising colors

Hi,
For some odd reason, I can’t customise any color via admin menu (appearance-customise-color), wether background or font color. I need to change the top menu color from white to red (or any other color than white or black) on our site (go.kyudo-ruhr.de). When you go to another page other than the top page and are in full screen mode, the background and menu are both in white.
I could change the color directly in CSS, but can’t seem to save any changes made there. If I click on one of the following items and choose a different color, nothing hapens.

Customizing Colors
Background Color
Primary color
Menu background
Site title
Site description
Top level menu items
Sub-menu items
Sub-menu background
Header slider text
Body text
Sidebar background
Sidebar color

So, now my question. Should there be a dropdown menu and/or some kind of setting menu in order to change color? How can I change colors via admin menu? Or do I have to change them in CSS?

Thanx

Hi,

When you select a color in Customizer it didn’t change on your site? or what is the issue with the Color settings in Customizer?

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Yes, nothing changed, although the screen goes into what I would call change mode (screen turns transparent white). It seems to me as if the theme wasn’t programmed correctly. Since I don’t have anything to compare it to, I can only make assumtions.
When I click on any one of the items described above, nothing happens; no dropdown, no settings to change, nothing happens. The only thing that happens is the color selector in the top left corner of the customizer appears. I can change colors, but nothing changes, neither in the setting nor on my site.

Sincerely,
JB

Hi,

That’s weird, I have just checked with the latest theme and WordPress version (4.4) and it works, please make sure to use the latest version of the theme and the latest WordPress version too, if you have those and it’s still don’t work, then please try to deactivate all your plugins and check the Color Customizer with no plugins activated.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thanks for the tip regarding the plugins. Apparently WordPress Event Calandar doesn’t work with this theme. As soon as I deactivate it, all the color options are available.
Does anyone have a patch for that?

Sincerely,
JB