Customiser not visible/not working

Hi - I’d like to use Sydney for a client site, but I set a test install up on my own server, and clicking the customize button yields a http 500 error. I have read WP documentation and taken al steps I see there to fix it, but no luck.

test is www.davidhume.net/test

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear the problem you are having. It isn’t a theme-related issue. If you’re not sure, you can switch to the default WordPress theme to test it again. It is actually server related issue. Please see the codex. For quick fix, I’d strongly recommend you consult with your web hosting support department.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi and thanks for your quick response. I ask as other themes (eg 2017) DO work fine there but Sydney does not. I have tried the usual things like disabling plugins, but no luck with Sydney. Love the look of the theme but need to be realistic about resources reqd to make it work on my installation.
With thanks for your reply

Hello there,

Please share me to working credentials to your site admin area, so I can check it directly. For security reason, you can send them to my email kharisblank@gmail.com; mention the link to this thread.

Regards,
Kharis

Many thanks - email sent

David

I got it. Please enable admin rights to my new account.

Regards,
Kharis

Done

Thank you!

problem resolved with memory increase - thankyou for your excellent service!

Thank you for following up here. I’m glad to know that you have been able to resolve it. You’re always welcome here! Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

How do I create a new topic ?