Customise Staff Category Filters displayed on page

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations on building an awesome theme!

I was just wondering if it was able to customise the Filters displayed when adding a Staff Element.

I have set up multiple pages displaying different teams. I’ve been able to display different teams on different pages by selecting the category in the Functionality>General>Categories section.

I have then selected Styling>Elements>Filters to display the filters for the Team however when I do this I get a bunch of filter categories show up that I’d love to be able to hide/remove depending on which team I’m displaying. Is this possible?

For example:
At present for the Staff Element “Team A”, the filters “All”, “Team A”, “Job title 1”, “Job title 2” and “Team B” appear. In this example “Team B” is appearing as a member of the Team belongs to both “Team A” and “Team B”. Would it be possible to edit the list of Filters/Categories that appear so that “Team A” and “Team B” are not shown even though members in the Team are tagged with these Categories? Also, can you choose which order the filter types appear in? e.g. ensure “Job title 1” appears before “Job title 2”?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kylie

Dear Kylie,

> I’d love to be able to hide/remove depending on which team I’m displaying. Is this possible?

Try to enable masonry grid on the below path:

Functionality > General > Type > select “Masonry Grid”

> Also, can you choose which order the filter types appear in? e.g. ensure “Job title 1” appears before “Job title 2”?

Try to enable ascending order on the below path:

Functionality > General > Order > Ascending

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for getting back to me however I think you might not have understood my question/s. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

My questions relate to the Filter headings that appear (the names of the categories), not the items being filtered themselves (the staff members).

Is a staff member is tagged with multiple categories/filters, on the staff element can you:

• choose which category/filter headings appear? e.g. Staff member is tagged with categories “Job title 1”, “Job title 2” . Can you remove the category/filter heading on the page for “Job title 2” without having to un-tag the category on the staff member’s category list?

• can you choose which order the category/filter headings appear? I understand that changing the order to ascending changes the order of the staff members themselves, but would like to reorder the category/filter headings.

Thanks,

Kylie

Dear Kylie,

Thank you for more detailed explanation. I can get the point. I am afraid, achieving those two objectives is impossible. There is no option to do so.

Regards,
Kharis