Custom Post Display in "Latest News"

Hello, I was able to use Moesia’s Latest News to display different categories wonderfully while using SiteOrigin, but when used with Custom Post Types, it does not pull from said categories.

Is there a way to circumvent this issue? I’ve looked at many different WP widgets to see if I can resolve the issue in that manner, but they either don’t work to their full ability with the Moesia theme or are not exactly what I’m looking for/clash with the Moesia theme.

I would just like to be able to pull from those different categories without reverting those custom posts back to generic posts used on WP, but this seems to be the only way that “Moesia: Latest News” widget seems to function.

I’m using custom posts to differentiate between “blog” (personal use) and posts from a project where other users have access and the posts have post specific fields (hence my reason for using custom posts and not sticking with the regular posts).

site: atenorio.com

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

The “Moesia FP: Latest News” widget queries the “post” post type only. I thought you should try to use the Ultimate Posts Widget plugin which allows you to do custom query. Under the filter tab of the widget settings, make sure your custom post type is selected.

I hope this reply helps.

Warmest regards,
Kharis