Custom fonts for Sydney

I have tried to add one custom font that I only want to use for headers, as it matches the font on my header photo. Why does this have to be rocket science with twenty seven thousand steps to accomplish? If someone knows a really easy way to just add another font to use as a header only, NOT to use as a site font other than maybe one or two H tags, I would be very appreciative. I don’t know how hard it would be to do, but isn’t there some way to write into an update of Sydney a way to upload any font in the world that you want to use? I will be the first to say I hate misuse of fonts in multiple arrays but sometimes you just need a random font for a specific purpose i.e., an exclamation or, in my case, to use as the Services category header font and probably the other main section areas as well. I am trying to add the font Paradise that matches my home page header photo at 2ndtopshelfdesignz.topshelfdesignz.com (obviously in the infancy of development).

Any help or direction would be very appreciated. Happy New Year, all! And thanks.

Hello,

Some fonts are easy to add (for example Google fonts, check the video below), but Paradise doesn’t seem to be one of them :slight_smile:

You can check this link:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/custom-fonts-css/

Also you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I can try those things, thank you for your help. I understand Google fonts v. custom and the inherent problems with the latter. I had another idea but again, I am fairly new to Wordpress and Sydney, so what do you think of this: Just creating a screen wide jpg with the same background color and my Paradise font in the text of that jpg, using it instead of actual text? Can the margins and padding be set low enough to not have too great of a space between header (graphic) and content below?

I don’t think that it’s a good idea because text can become way too little on mobile devices.

You can follow the tutorial that I mentioned above to add font and leave here a note if you want me to help you with additional CSS to enable that font for desired element only.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I was not successful in installing the ParadiseTypeFace font. I uploaded it correctly but for whatever reason, it didn’t work. I ended up just choosing another font, Qwigley, that was available on Google. I do hope that in some near future update to Sydney, this font issue is addressed. For now, I am relying on Hero CSS to help me out. Thanks much, Roman.

You are welcome!

Kind Regards, Roman.