Custom font icon

I successfully included my custom font icon for services since the default was unable to provide the desired icons , but the problem is i can’t use the social media icons , i would like to know whether i can use both the font-awesome.css and my custom.css by changing the functions.php
this is my line of code that i made to use the flaticons
wp_enqueue_style( ‘sydney-font-awesome’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/fonts/flaticon1.css’ );

is there any way to use both this flaticon1.css and font-awesome.css so that i can use my custom icons for services and default social media icons.
I will be much obliged to you

Hello @joeldejo,

Sure, you don’t even need PHP to add another font. Please check this link:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I am not asking how to add font , read the entire content , i want the default social media icons to be used with my custom icons for services that i added by modifying the functions.php

wp_enqueue_style( ‘sydney-font-awesome’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/fonts/flaticon1.css’ );

above line is the modified line …
NB:I WANT TO INCLUDE SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS WITH MY CUSTOM ICONS

Hello @joeldejo,

Well, you replaced the font, not added one. By providing the link above I wanted to show you one of the ways to add a font. I suppose that you mean Font Awesome by default social media icons. Please try to restore the PHP code that you mentioned in your first post of this topic and add Flaticon.

You can also check this WordPress Codex page:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Playing_With_Fonts

Please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Also you might want to check this tutorial:

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
Here is even more relevant post :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply , i successfully managed to use both font-awesome icons and flaticons by wp_enqueue_style in the functions.php
thanks for the swift support

You are welcome @joeldejo,

But please note that if you make PHP changes, then you should use a child theme or a plugin like Code Snippets in order to avoid losing your modifications after theme update.

Kind Regards, Roman.