Custom field and posts

Hello,

I’m struggling a bit on a problem.
I added a custom field to wordpress articles but this field appears at the bottom of the articles and I would like it to appear at the top.
It’s possible ?

regards!

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

Did you add custom code or snippet to your site? Is it possible to share here? Perhaps there is something I could correct.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello,
And no I didn’t use any code, I just wanted to add a customs fields in my articles. But the text appears at the bottom of the article and I would like to put it up at the top of the article.

regards!

Or can I change the location of the author and the date? maybe that could help me find how to display the metas where i want?

I found, it is the file content-single.php in Template-parts which takes the place of single.php. That’s why I couldn’t find it. Then I added the line

<br><p class="entry-meta"><strong>My meta :</strong><br><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'nameofmymeta', true); ?>

I type this code just before
< /header><!-- .entry-header – >

If it can help someone!

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing the code and solution here. We really appreciate it.

Glad to know it worked for you and hope so for someone else too. Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support