Custom CSS not showing on my site?

Hello,
I’m trying to play around with the styles of my site. The mobile site is a little messed up and I’m trying to add a curved border around 1 menu item on the desktop site.

However, when I try to add the css to my site, it simply doesn’t appear. I’ve gotten these CSS snippits from the forums and adjusted them accordingly. But it just doesn’t show up.

The site: http://176.32.230.11/earlyachievers.co.uk/

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Jon

Hello Jon,

How do you add custom CSS code to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman, thanks for your swift reply.

I currently add CSS via the Simple Custom CSS plugin.

I imagine I’m doing something wrong, as so many people use it without issues. I just can’t figure out what.

Jon, WordPress 4.7 introduced its own custom CSS functionality, now you can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS. Please try to add it there.

Also, did you double-check that your custom CSS code is valid and doesn’t contain any syntax errors?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman, I wasn’t aware of Wordpress’ own additional CSS functionality. However, the CSS code is simply copied and pasted from an old website (which was identical to this one) and added to the new one. We simply needed to move the site to another server but it was easier to start again.

No matter if I add any additional CSS now I still see no changes.

The syntax is correct as far as I know - I’m basing that off the fact it worked before previous website.

The CSS isn’t anything specific to old site either. It’s adjusting some padding on the footer widget along, aligning the logo and menu icon on mobile, etc.

Hi Roman,

I managed to fix the issue. A very weird issue at that. I took a quick peak at the theme editor and found it to be, well, completely friggin’ empty… No idea how I was still able to edit and use the theme options etc, my brain can’t handle that level of confusion.

I (re?)-installed the theme and it works brilliantly. I’ve now tried adding the CSS and it works like a charm.

Once again, thank you for your help. The athemes support forums really is top-quality!

Thanks!

You are welcome Jon!

Kind Regards, Roman.

Just to follow up - I’m having CSS related issues on my site, however I’m aware I’ve posted a lot over the last few days, should I start another new thread regarding the CSS related issues? and is there a limit a person can start a new topic in a given time period?

All the best,
Jon

Hello Jon,

Yes, please create a new topic.

There is no limit if questions are theme related.

However, we don’t offer customization services.

Kind Regards, Roman.