CSS Assistance For Noob

Hey, y’all. We’re loving our Fashionista theme and just have a few issues that I wanted to see if you could help with.

I found your help suggestions for two of our problems (centered featured image and top menu removal) but am afraid to implement it after (probably) messing up the featured image function in the process.

Help me AThemes, you’re my only hope.
Leigh

Hello Leigh,

Please try to use the following CSS code to fix the image.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

#masthead .site-branding {
    float: none;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman, thank you for your help! The Simple Custom CSS plugin is exactly what we were looking for! Using it, I was able to remove the top menu which checked off the other thing on my list. I plugged in the above code and it still isn’t centering our featured images on the preview snippets.

As I mentioned, I may have inadvertently deleted some “featured image” code when I tried to correct it myself WITHOUT the Simple Custom CSS plugin.

Again, thank you for your time and help. I am in deference to your brain size!
Leigh

http://funthingstodowhileyourewaiting.com/

Hello Leigh,

Please try to replace this custom CSS rule:

.entry-thumbnail img {
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
}

…with this one:

.entry-thumbnail img {
    display: block;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
I believe that everyone has its own talents :slight_smile:

I did as instructed. And it was working. Was over the moon, in fact. But now it isn’t. D’oh.

As mentioned earlier, when I was trying to correct this problem B.R. (before Roman) I inadvertently erased all of the entry thumbnail code (including the dimension guidelines) which has made some of my featured images for thumbnails wonky. See: latest post on our blog about Fun Things To Do, Spring: 2016.

Is there anyway to rebuild the entry thumbnail section with the original code and then insert your suggestions into Simple Custom CSS?

Thanks again for your time and help. I agree. Everyone has their talents. I just respect people who excel at things that make me crazy.
Leigh

Okay Leigh,

You can just reinstall the theme. Activate another one, delete Fashionistas, install it one more time, and activate.

All your settings should be intact, but please remember about importance of regular backups.

Kind Regards, Roman.