Critical error with Sydney toolbox 1.16

Hello. I’ve update to WP 5.7.2 (The theme i’m using is Sydney Child versión 1.55.1569016547) and them i’ve updated Sydney toolbox to 1.16.
After that the site did not work anymore.
PHP versión 7.3.28

Error details

Se ha producido un error del tipo E_ERROR en la línea 31 del archivo /home/v8000362/public_html/wp-content/themes/sydney/demo-content/setup.php. Mensaje de error: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_after_import_mods() (previously declared in /home/v8000362/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:46)`

I have to disable the plugin to have the site working again, but there are many things that are not working as they should be.
I reinstalled the plug in but as soon as i activate it the critical error happens again. The page I need help with is http://www.laleopoldina.com.ar
Anybody can help me, please?

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you’ve run into an issue. I am happy to help with it.

Can you confirm the version of your Sydney theme’s version is the latest? If not, I’d recommend updating and see whether it resolves the issue or not.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Kharis, thank you for your quick answer. The installed version of Sydney is 1.55 and WP suggest to update to version 1.78. The update could alter somehow the site? After what happened earlier I’m afraid of making changes, that the site does not work again and not being able to fix it. I create the site a few years ago and the owner asked me to make a few additions and changes now. I’ve made some and I’ve considered to update things I’ve found were not up to date. I began with WP version and then Sydney toolbox, when the site crash.
Is it safe to update the theme?
Thanks again, regards, Mariana.

Hi Mariana,

I can confirm that it is safe to update the theme. If you’re unsure, I’d highly recommend make a full backup before updating the theme.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support