Creating a child theme? Fonts, CSS messed up

Hello,

I’m trying to create a child theme of Hiero.

I created the child theme directory, added a style.css with the appropriate header, and a functions.php in which I enqueued style.css.

The result is that I get a child theme of Hiero I can select from the dashboard, and almost everything looks right-- except fonts. The header/subheader fonts load fine, but post titles load in default Arial. Also, the header on-hover becomes an atrocious blue underline instead of decoration:none.

Am I failing to enqueue something? How do I correctly create a child theme of Hiero?

Thanks!

Hi J

Can you share a link to your site for us to have a look?

Thanks

Hello,

Here’s a link to my test site: http://bit.ly/18uAqMn

Thanks!

When they changed the child theme method in the Codex they failed to account for other stylesheets that themes might be using, like Bootstrap. I’m guessing you followed that method.

I’m assuming you have something like this in your child functions.php file: add_action(‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘function_name’)? Try adding a priority like this: add_action(‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘function_name’, 99)

Hmm that did fix it! At first I thought it didn’t, but then I disabled caching and it seems to be fine now.

Thanks!

I am having the same problem with creating the new functions.php based child theme instead of the @import in a css file child theme technique.

I tried to add 99 at the end of the - add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ ); - but I don’t think that is what you meant. What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Denise

Hi i

can you share a link to your site for us to have a look?

Thanks

Here’s a link to the home page of the website - http://www.columbiatwp.com/new/

I checked and it seems you are using @import to get the parent style.css and it should be working.

Good enough. Thanks, Denise

You are welcome. Happy to help :slight_smile: