Couple issues with Astrid Theme - too much white space and borders

Good evening,

First of all, this is my first time experience with Wordpress or any type of website building tool. I’m working on a website for a family owned business. I am having couple issues with the Astrid theme. If you look at the website at www.constructioninhd.com , you’ll notice that I have too much white space between the header and the “welcome” note. I do not know how to get rid of that. I’ve searched the forum and tried plugging in some CSS codes, but no luck. Also, you’ll notice that there is a very thin border line going around the page. Does anyone know what this is and how it can be removed? Thank you for all your help guys. Much appreciated! The theme, by the way, simply rocks.

Regards,
Huso

Hello Huso,

Did you follow Astrid Documentation step-by-step?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman,

Thank you for your quick reply.

So I just watched the videos on the link that you provided. I downloaded the home layout and then imported it using Widget Importer/Exporter. When I got done and went to the home page, the layout did not change at all. Also, when I go to customize -> widgets, I do not see home widget on there. I only see Footer 1 widget.

I created my current home page using visual editor and just adding rows all the way across the page. Should I remove them, so the home page layout, as seen in the Youtube videos provided, will actually show up?

Thanks again!

Regards,
Huso

Hello Huso,

Astrid theme was not tested with any page builders, so I kindly suggest you to use default theme functionality to avoid such issues.

Customizer shows options that are available for the page on the preview screen. To add widgets to a page, you should open it in preview screen and select Widgetized template for it. You will see Footer 2 and Footer 3 widget areas when you add something to Footer 1.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.