Costomizing the comment form

Hello,

Is this possible?

I only want Name, and Comment and button, nothing else (no Leave a reply and other). I tried looking around in the settings of the admin-tools, but with no luck.

thank you

Hello Arina,

Please try to use the following CSS code to hide (not remove, removing requires PHP coding) Leave a Reply title.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

#reply-title {
    display: none;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Arina,

If you are using Contact 7 Form plugin then there’s some good documentation.
I built the forms in my site wwww.pixelbox.in using the same.

Thank you for you help Roman,

It works.

And I want to hide these fields and words.

Is it possible to change the place comment and name, I want name first and comment after.

Thank you

You are welcome Arina.

Just like suggested @pixelboxstudio in the post above, I think that it’s better to create your own form with Contact Form 7 or Ninja Forms. I think that once you try one of those plugins, you will love it :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you @pixelboxstudio and Roman

Welcome Arina, Incase if you face any problem with “Contact 7 Form” then let me know. I would happy to share the codes that I entered reading their online documents. In some areas it’s slightly tricky and it’s not a tough either.
I’m not at all a programmers but still reading their documents I was able to write the codes.

Thank you @pixelboxstudio,

I have the Contact Form 7 plugin installed and activaded on my site. I have it so it is accessable on a post. And there’s a default comment form at the bottom.

How do I get rid of this default comment form? I am going through everything, but I am not able to find where I can get rid of these items.

Thank you in advance,

Could you please send a screen shot of that default comment ? You can load the screen shot on Dropbox / Google Drive and share the link here. I don’t think forum posts allow attachments.

Thank you,

I sent the screen shot above. And I want to get rid of that old comment form from my blog post.

Just try this… In the Dashboard’s left side there’s “Comment” menu.
Enter that and you may see the comments. Over there you can delete.
The Dashboard options often depend on the theme as well. I use “Sydney” theme.

If you want to entirely disable comments from your posts then go to Settings > Discussion. Over there disable “Allow people to post comments on new articles”.

Hope I got your query right and let me know how it goes.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply,

I followed the instruction, but the old comment form is still there.

Oh…this issue could not all be related to a creating a “Contact Form”.
This is more related to Blog Post. Pls raise the issue as something called
"Blog Post’s Comment Controls" or you can edit the title of this very same post. Moderators may pick up again.

Or you can edit the title of this very same post. Moderators may pick up again.

Thank you again @pixelboxstudio,

Hello,

Contact Form sends emails to a email address. It seems, there is no way it could be used as a comment form.

Yes…“Contact Form” might not be suitable to post the comments.

Try this plugin “Disqus Comment System” or any other plugin on “Comments”.
If you try few things then something may come up.

Thank you. You’re so helpful.

Hello,

As I already said, it will require some PHP coding.

Please refer to these tutorials on this topic:

www.inkthemes.com/how-to-easily-customize-wordpress-comment-form

premium.wpmudev.org/blog/customizing-wordpress-comment-form

crunchify.com/wordpress-comment-form-customization

code.tutsplus.com/articles/customizing-comments-in-wordpress-functionality-and-appearance–wp-26128

Kind Regards, Roman.