Conflict with Elementor v.2.5.15

I recently updated both to Wordpress v. 5.2 and Elementor v. 2.5.15.

I have several issues. First, Elementor would put sections behind the header of my pages and made it impossible to edit those sections. I tried adding margins, which solved the problem on some pages, but not on others. I have seen others mention some simple CSS code to insert, but that doesn’t seem to work.

A second, and much more major problem, is now that the functionality for updating for Elementor is completely gone. The “update” button has completely disappeared and can’t seem to make any progress anywhere. Totally maddening.

I’ve even tried deleting pages and started over, but to no avail.

Would appreciate some support.

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to your website and some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

How to narrow footer?

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your response. After deleting the offending page, I re-installed WP 5.2 and Elementor and the update button seems to be working now for existing pages.

However, the screen shots below demonstrate that when creating a new page, the page (“Stories”) the elements are placed behind the header

. It’s not possible to click on either icon in the new section. 1/

The attached illustrates what happens when a widget is dragged and

Elementor places that widget behind the header and at the top of the page. It is not possible to mouse over the new element (two columns) to edit. 2/

This is what happens when I add yet another section with Elementor… note that there is still overlap, but with two sections, and I cannot still edit the sections.

Finally editable…that is, I can click on the section icons at the top of the newest section, but have to put in at least a 150 px margin on the top in order to enable my mouse to click on the icons in the section

Hello, thank you for the screenshots.

So are your issues already resolved?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman… I have reinstalled both Wordpress 5.2 and Sydney. That seems to have resolved the ability it to use the “update” button in Elementor.

However, the same issue persists when new sections are created with creation of a new page… the new section seemingly ends up behind the header and is not clickable for editing. I must create another new section, add 150 px margin and then drag/drop that ahead of the first section.

Okay, can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

How to narrow footer?

Apologies for slow response…

http://www.windhorsestrategic.com

Hello,

I couldn’t recreate this issue on my local Sydney install, so I couldn’t find the cause. However, you can try to select Static for Sticky menu in Customize → Header area → Menu style section, and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support