Compatability with Woo Commerce

Hi,
Using Moesia theme (free version), I’ve been playing around with a woo commerce plugin.
I also have the ‘Siteorigin widgets bundle’ plugin installed and activated.
Is there a way to generate a woo commerce store page using the Siteorigin widgets on a page, or is there a useful plugin you could suggest to make woo commerce and Moesia more compatible when trying to build a store page?

Many thanks

Hello,

You can’t edit WooCommerce Shop page as a regular page, that’s normal.

Please check this WooCommerce documentation page for more information:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thanks Roman,
That’s useful.
I’m now trialling the WooCommerce Shop with Moesia. One immediate problem I’ve found is that when viewing a store product, there is a magnifying glass on the product image which when selected, opens the product image larger in a lightbox. This lightbox image is partly hidden by my fixed header.

Is it possible to fix by adding Additional CSS?

Hello,

I would be glad to help you, but can you please provide some explanatory screenshots and a link to an affected page?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

First image is from the store product page.
Second image is from the lightbox view of the product image, loaded when the magnifying glass is selected on the product image

The header obscures the lightbox image and makes it difficult to navigate back to the product page.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry, link below:

https://shoreline-studio.co.uk/product/wembury-canvas

Hello,

You can try to deactivate all your plugins except aThemes Toolbox, Page Builder by SiteOrigin, WooCommerce, activate the parent theme, and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,
No that didn’t work. Using the parent theme with the plugins deactivated as suggested, the header moved up and down the lightbox image when scrolling up and down the page.

As a work around, could the header be hidden from the lightbox screen?, allowing the user to close the image and return to the previous page via the image navigation icons that appear (these can be seen on the mobile view)

Hello,

Well, it looks like this requires close inspection. This goes beyond our support policy, unfortunately.

However, you might want to check Moesia Pro theme, it works well with this WooCommerce feature.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,
Ok, thanks for looking into it.
If I upgrade to Moesia Pro theme, will my site’s customization (via Additional CSS and JavaScript) still appear as I have it setup now?
Is there a trial option I can take advantage of to run through my settings, before purchase?

Hello,

If I upgrade to Moesia Pro theme, will my site’s customization (via Additional CSS and JavaScript) still appear as I have it setup now?

You will have to reconfigure the theme once again in Customize section (each theme has its own options storage in database), including Additional CSS (but you can just copy/paste the CSS code).

I’m not sure about your JavaScript code, it depends on how you added it. Anyway, it’s better to make a full website backup before switching themes (please make sure that you know how to restore it).

Is there a trial option I can take advantage of to run through my settings, before purchase?

There is no trial option, but there is 30-day money back guarantee, which is a similar thing :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,
Another question regarding Woocommerce and Moesia.

Just looking at compatibility between them and in particular the woocommerce ‘store’ page.

Is it the woocommerce plugin, or Moesia, that sets the widths of the sidebar and product listing area. I’d like to remove the sidebar and have a horizontal widget area under the header.
Or change the widths of the content containers on the page.

I guess I’m asking, is the layout defined by the theme or the plugin?
I’ve a screenshot, for what its worth.

Thanks

Hello,

It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing on different screen resolutions, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork. Hope for your understanding.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Ok,
Thanks for your reply Roman

1 Like