Comment Form module not showing up

Hi
I just purchased and activated West Pro and Im building a view only (no shopping, just view the products) ecommerce website “http://gobag.in/” and I have a bunch of questions:

Q1: I clicked on “Activate Editor” and dragged Comment Form and published the changes. But the comment form is not showing up.

Q2: I added a Menu to the Header. How can I change the font and color of the menu items?

Q3: I would like to use two logos in my header. One is black color logo that should be visible on Crelly slider images when the scrolling is not there. Other logo is white color logo that should show up on the header when the scrolling is done. The reason for two logos is because my white logo is not visible clearly on images when scrolling is not done.

Q4: In my front page, I would like to show only product categories and not the list of all products. When I drag and drop the WOO Products module from Editor, it is showing the list of all products. How can I just show the product categories in the front page?

Q5: My Products page (which is created as part of WooCommerce products addition) has become small and aligned to right. How can I configure the product page layout?

Thanks
Rajesh

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

> Q1

I’m afraid that it isn’t considered as an issue due to the plugin’s feature limitation. This module seems to works with dslc_template post type (Dashboard > Templates) only.

> Q2

To achieve this objective, could you please try to add the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin?

.main-navigation a{
  color: #fff000;
  font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
}

You should make an adjustment accordingly.

> Q3

Could you please try to add the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin?

/* Hide default logo as screen scrolls */
.header-scrolled .site-branding a img{
  display: none; 
}  

/* Change logo as screen scrolls */
.header-scrolled .site-branding a{
  display: block;
  width: 80px; /* Image width */
  height: 80px; /* Image height */
  background: url('YOUR_IMAGE_URL') center center no-repeat; /* Image URL */
}

You should need to replace YOUR_IMAGE_URL to your image URL. You might need to upload your image through Media > Add New.

You should adjust the width and height values accordingly.

> Q4

I’m afraid that it isn’t considered as an issue. This module works as the way it should. Unfortunately there is no option to only display the product categories. Head on here as your reference.

> Q5

Could you please post your URL here so I can have a closer look and might be able to provide you with a couple of CSS codes once I get its exact selector?

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Hi
Thank you for quick response. Comments below:

Q1: I don’t know about dslc_template. Anyway, can you suggest a way or plugin to add a comment form in my website front page?

Q5: http://gobag.in/product-category/backpacks/
In the above link you will find that woocommerce products are shrinked aligned right.
I want them to occupy full width.

Thanks
Rajesh

Dear Rajesh,

> Anyway, can you suggest a way or plugin to add a comment form in my website front page?

I take back my previous statement. I missed a thing. My fault. Your page comment might not be enabled, yet. Try to edit your page, then enable the “Allow comments” under the “Discussion” meta box.

If it doesn’t visible, expand the “Screen Options” panel at the top right of your screen, then enable the “Discussion” checkbox.

> woocommerce products are shrinked aligned right.

Could you please try to add the following CSS code?

.woocommerce #secondary{
  display: none;
}

.woocommerce #primary{
  width: 100%;
}

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi
Thank you so much for quick response.
Everything just worked fine :slight_smile:

A few questions more:

1. I added the comment form. How can I configure it to send email to "support@gobag.in" when someone posts the comment?

2. The website is looking fine in desktop. But on mobile I observed the following issues:

• Header color became black where as it is white in desktop. This is happening only in front/home page. Other product related pages of woocommerce are displaying header in white color only on mobile also.
  • Menu style became centered instead of inline.
  • When the header color is white in products page, “http://gobag.in/product-category/backpacks/”, the collapsed menu icon is not visible as the background is white and the icon is also white. So how can I change the menu icon color to black.

Thanks
Rajesh

Dear Rajesh,

> 1

By default, the comment notification will be sent to the admin email which is configured in Dashboard > General > Email Address.

I’m not sure if we are allowed to set another email address separately targeted for comment notification. AFAIK, WordPress doesn’t have such that option. There might be a plugin for that, browse here. Or you could ask to WP.org support forum.

> 2

> Header color became black where as it is white in desktop.

Try to add the following CSS code.

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px){

.site-header, 
  .site-header.has-header, 
  .site-header.has-slider, 
  .site-header.has-video {  
    background: transparent; 
  }  

}

> Menu style became centered instead of inline.

What screen size is that in? Try to resize your browser window. If you are using Firefox, try to enable Tools > Web Developer > Responsive Design View.

> … So how can I change the menu icon color to black.

Try to add the following CSS code.

.slicknav_menu .slicknav_menutxt {
  color: #000;
}

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Hi
Thanks for quick response.

Header color issue and menu text issues are resolved. But I observed the following:

1. The header is not sticky when the width is less than 1024. i.e, header and menu just scroll and disappear on scrolling. Where as if width is greater than 1024 then even when I scroll the header still stays on top. How can I make the header always sticky even for lesser width screens.

2. When the width is less than 600 px, then the logo and menu text icon align center instead of inline. How can I make logo and menu text icon stay side by side even if width is less than 600px?

Also, is it permitted to remove “Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: West Pro by aThemes.” text in the bottom of the page and replace it with my website copyright text like “Copyright GoBag”?

Thanks
Rajesh

Dear Rajesh,

> 1 & 2

Could you please try to add the following CSS code?

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px){
  .site-header, 
  .site-header.has-header, 
  .site-header.has-slider, 
  .site-header.has-video {
    position: fixed !important;
  }    

.site-header.header-scrolled {
   background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9) !important;
  }  

}

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px){

#masthead .site-branding{
    width: 50%;    
    text-align: left;
  }

.mobile-nav{
    width: 50%;
    float: right;
  }

.slicknav_menu{
    text-align: right;
  }

}

> … is it permitted to remove “Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: West Pro by aThemes.”

Yes,it is permitted. You can change it through Appearance > Customize > West Pro options > Footer Area > Add your own credits for the footer

Regards,
Kharis

Hi
Everything worked fine except that in products and other pages the header is showing up in wrong place in smaller screens ( less than 1024 px). But once I scroll, the header is looking good.
The screenshot is available at
http://postimg.org/image/z0mirhasj/

Thanks
Rajesh

Dear Rajesh,

In order to fix the issue, could you please try to add the following CSS code?

#masthead{
  top: 0 !important;
}

.admin-bar #masthead{
  top: 32px !important;
}  

@media only screen and (max-width: 782px){
  .admin-bar #masthead{
    top: 46px !important;
  }   
  .admin-bar #masthead.header-scrolled{
    top: 0 !important;
  }  
}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi
Along with the suggested changes, I added some margin to woocommerce-breadcrumb and everything looks fine now.

Thank you so much for quick response. Really appreciate your help.

-Rajesh