Click to begin button

How can I configure the ‘click to begin’ button so that it appears ONLY in the last slide instead of every slide?

thanks,
rich

Hello there,

Try to follow this short tutorial on how to create CTA button for each slide. Then supply the “Click to Begin” button for the last slide.

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Regards,
Kharis

Sorry I should have been clearer. I am working with the default template and am trying to keep the existing slides, just alter the text and images.

All I would like to do at this point is remove the existing ‘click to begin’ button from the existing slides (2) and have the button only show on the last slide. Is there a way to do that?

thanks,
rich

I looked at the info in the link you provided. It states to Unzip the theme to make the changes, then install the child theme after the edits.

Since the files are unzipped, does this mean the edited folder has to be re zipped? There’s no way to install if unzipped, yet it doesn’t mention re packaging the edited files after the edits before installing theme. Just needed clarification.

thanks,
rich

> Since the files are unzipped, does this mean the edited folder has to be re zipped?

It doesn’t mean so. If the mentioned files (style.css and functions.php) are accessible, you can just edit those files.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis,

sorry, this is getting a bit confusing for me. I have the Sydney pro template. Should I create a child of that? The link says to use the free template and that a separate folder need to be created for the js code, along with the other edits.If so, then not sure why I need the pro version.

can I just edit the css & functions.php in the pro template instead ?

rich

Dear Rich,

The pro version isn’t a child theme of the Sydney. But it stands alone. It has its own update route. If you touch those files directly, the modifications you have made will be lost once it gets updated in the future. For more comprehensive information about child theme, please refer here https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello :slight_smile:

I have a quick question and would really appreciate some help:
The “Click to begin” button scrolls down too far. Meaning it scrolls past my headline. Can this be changed and if so how?

Best regards Sverre