Clever way to choose posts for slider?

Hello Vlad and all,

I thought I had the best idea ever, because I created a category called alizee_slider, set the slider to show this category and then added the posts to that category. My idea was to show posts from different categories in the slider and it works.

My only problem is that the post shows on the front page as alizee_slider and not its original category. If you are on the homepage and hover your mouse over the article about Martin Enckell - expedition leader in the polar regions you will see what I mean.

Are there any workarounds?

My site is www.thinkingoftravel.com if you want to have a look for yourself.

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Steve

Hello,

That was actually the idea when I made the slider. For people to create a category for the featured posts and use that in the slider. Glad to see someone is actually doing that.

Simply changing the category name to zzalizee_slider should do it for you. Let me know if it doesn’t and we’ll find another way.

Thanks Vlad, this worked like a charm!

Hello Vlad,

Is there a way of getting rid of zzalizee_slider in the Categories Widget, to make it hidden? It shows in the bottowm right hand corner…

Hello,

Use this in a custom CSS plugin please:

a[href*="alizee_slider"],
.widget_categories .cat-item-247 {
   display: none;
}

This will also hide it on single posts where the cats and tags are shown.

Hello,

I added this to my CSS but it is still visible. My programming skills are extremely limited, so I might have done something wrong. Any ideas on where to look?

Not sure where you’ve added it.
What I meant was to use a plugin like this one (which you can use for any other future customizations) and paste that code in it. You’ll notice after you activate it that it provides an area for pasting.

I added it in WP “Edit CSS” when it did not work. With the plugin, it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!