Clearing EVERYTHING out of the theme to reset

OK, I have totally screwed up this theme. In an attempt to return to STEP 1, I have deleted all modified files, done the WP Reset AP, Deactivated ALL plug ins, reloaded the demo, the tools and other items mentioned in documentation.

Now the original demo does not look right. I wanted to start with Perth Pro, because I liked the format, animations, layout, etc. Now, all I have is a simple one page theme, no animations, no dividers, no proper layout. It still holds some of the info from my modifications, but there is no file. When I try to reload the theme, it says it is already installed so it fails. I need to START OVER.

I even tried loading another theme, then going back to Perth Pro, it still remembers a lot of garbage.

How do I WIPE all evidence of me ever being in this theme and start from Scratch? Please don’t recommend WP Reset, already tried that.

Frustrated newbie with Page Builder. I AM NOT USING SITEBUILDER. I used to do some hand coding years ago, but I am finding this “easy” way a real pain. I have used some HTML systems in the past, Hot Dog, Front Page, etc., about 15 years ago, and I downloaded Page Builder by Site Origins.

Thank you
Ray

Hello Ray,

You can try to completely reinstall WordPress with a new database.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I did a reinstall of WP, but it still has the old database. How do I delete the database?

Hello Ray,

Please check this link:

Please let me know if you need more help.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Followed everything. Reloaded Everything. Now I get the SIMPLE layout with the words THIS IS A DEMO STORE FOR TESTING PURPOSES. NO ORDERS SHALL BE FULFILLED

This is at the top of the screen.
Is there a way to do a remote?

This is very frustrating. Purchased a theme with impressive widgets and layout, and all I have is a simple website.

Ray

Hello Ray,

1. Please try this solution:
    https://athemes.com/forums/topic/store/

2. Please check Perth Documentation (if you haven’t done it already):
    https://athemes.com/documentation/perth/

Kind Regards, Roman.

Started from the top of the procedures.
Watched the video Importing the settings file.
In the screen, it shows selecting Types under the Settings.
My screen does not look like that screen. I have NO Types after Settings.
The video shows Settings, Types, Post Types, Custom Taxonomies, then Custom Fields. My screen goes from Setttings to Custom Fields, no Types, no Post Types, no Custom Taxonomies.

Also, why is it so slow inside WP? Everytime I click a link, it takes 10-12 seconds to acquire. I am using an i7 with 64GB, 100Meg Cable access, and it is still very slow. Do I have to have a Sunway to make this thing work quickly?

Ray

Hello Ray,

Menu structure can be a little bit different in video because it shows older versions. Can you please specify what is your current issue?

You might want to check this tutorial regarding slow Dashboard:

Kind Regards, Roman.

4.7.1 which my system says is the LATEST version.

It is difficult to follow directions in videos (especially how quick they are and NO AUDIO) when the starter video demonstrates procedures that do not appear to be possible with my current layout.

The problem with the speed is not when interacted by visitors, just moving from one link to another INSIDE WP. I click an edit button and it takes 10 seconds or more for it to load. I click ANYTHING in WP and it takes quite a while for it to load. I cringe at the thought of just HOW SLOW it will be to users if it is this slow in development.

Ray, can you please specify what is your current issue? There might be different causes of slow WordPress Dashboard, did you check the tutorial?

Kind Regards, Roman.

I will check the tutorial in more detail. Most of it seems to deal with getting a new provider, or buying another service to speed up the dashboard. I have deactivated many of the plugins for now.

My original and still a problem is the ability to load the Perth Pro in full demo mode for modification, since the video does not have the same layout as my 4.7.1. I can deal with the speed of dashboard later, but for now, I need to be able to get the system to run the same as the Perth Pro Demo. Yes, I have purchased the PP2 template.

Hello Ray,

Which step of Perth Documentation isn’t clear to you?

Kind Regards, Roman.

From the Jan. 15 post of this thread above…

Started from the top of the procedures.
Watched the video Importing the settings file.
In the screen, it shows selecting Types under the Settings.
My screen does not look like that screen. I have NO Types after Settings.
The video shows Settings, Types, Post Types, Custom Taxonomies, then Custom Fields. My screen goes from Setttings to Custom Fields, no Types, no Post Types, no Custom Taxonomies.

Ray

Hello Ray,

Now you can import the settings file in Dashboard → Toolset → Export / Import section.

Is that what you were looking for?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman

OK… I am having a brain malfunction. I have loaded and reloaded these files, and my site looks NOTHING like the pro demo site. I have the FIRST graphic of the guy in the suit, then after that, it reverts to a simple block template with NONE of the widgets, animations, screen separators, etc. I can’t even modify the line above the graphic (currently shown as PERTH in the demo). The correct title is there, but I want it centered on the page. There does not seem to be a way to modify the VERY FIRST LINE in the website. I am very discouraged. I have been on this template for quite a while, and I am still on PAGE ONE, and can’t get that right. I am a couple of days from cancelling this theme package if I cannot get past the first page. Based on the current layout, I am no better off than if I had chosen one of the FREE templates from WP.

Hello Ray,

Did you set up the front page?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes, but I STILL do not have the transitions, the animations, nothing but a simple BLOCK website with a sidebar. This is even simpler than the basic Perth Demo. I bought this set because of the features of the demo, and I was specifically looking at Perth Pro, but that seems to be more difficult than proposed, especially with so called visual drag and drop. Getting closer to doing HAND CODED HTML or maybe FRONTPAGE, these themes and widgets don’t work as advertised.

Hello Ray,

Can you please provide a link to your website in order to let me check it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman

The site is not public yet, still trying to get it up and running. If I post the working site on the forum, that will open me up to hackers.

NOW, I have a worse problem. I had been trying out some of the themes, and decided to go back to Perth Pro. When I did, I get this…
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tgmpa() (previously declared in /home1/ncbetine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/siteorigin-installer-master/inc/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php:1927) in /home1/ncbetine/public_html/wp-content/themes/perth-pro-ii/plugins/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1923

Now, I can’t access ANYTHING.

Ray

Hello Ray,

It looks like a conflict with SiteOrigin Installer plugin. Can you please try to deactivate it and see if Perth Pro works?

Kind Regards, Roman.