Clear unknown/unwanted space below header theme Sydney

Hi,

I’ve tried to fix it with custom css, but I cannot figure out what area I’m looking at below my header.
In the Sydney theme I’ve chosen to only show a logo in the header. Now, I still seem to have a tagline or padding space underneath my lightblue header and appears in the background colour and a content white colour. It is definitely not the part of padding from the additional image-slider.
My attempts for css were:

.page-wrap {
padding-bottom: 0px
clear: both;
margin-top: 0px;
}

.site-title,
.site-description {
display; none; color-content: #0c2b3f;
}

.site-tagline{
display: none;
}

.page-wrap {
margin-top: 0px;
}

.header-image::after {
display: none;
}

Working on a local host, so not able to add an image.
Hoping for a suggestion.

Best regards!

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here. I’ll try to do whatever I can to help. But, could you please tell me how did you setup your header? Are you using slider? What page template (see it in the “Page Attributes” option) is currently active?

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you for your reaction Kharis.

I’ve chosen the header type “no header (only menu)”, yet when choosing a header image the space still appears.

The page template active is "full width"
together with “no parent”, order “0”, and I’ve enabled “hide the title for this item”.
All padding options are set to “0px”

regards,

hdr470

Hello there,

Thank you for the followup. But, I still have no clue to provide the solution until I can inspect it. As it is still offline, could you please take a screenshot of it? For the image file, upload it to the free file hosting service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share its public link here.

Regards,
Kharis

Does this help?

image header

regards

Hello there,

Thank you for the screenshot. It helps me a lot. Please try to edit your homepage. In the Page Attributes box, select the Front Page template.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you Kharis!

It’s solved, after I deleted my custom css of course.

Can you explain to me why this was the case?

regards,

This white space issue is a pain… there is some kind of container above the content and above the footer in this theme, I went in and changed the background color of the body, the plugin and widget container to the same thing and there is still that ugly white space … I want to know what those two containers are called so I can fix this in CSS, just tell me the name of those two containers I will enter the css to change the background to the color I need. Here is a link to the page.

Link to the page…

Hello @fitzpats,

Please try to use the Front Page template, which can be enabled from the Page Attributes option.

Regards,
Kharis

You are amazing that worked perfectly!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Can’t thank you enough!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis can you help me out please? everytime i add a new page even though i used the front page template there is still space after the menu and after the footer… how can i fix that?

Hello @josesacro,

Please share your page URL where I can find the problem appears on, so I can provide you the exact solution after inspection.

Regards,
Kharis

I already solved it thanks! i just had to create a new page and from there used the front page template and published. i just want to ask how to float images so that the text will not continue below the image. thank you in advance!