Clear/erase google maps and youtube connection

I have an urgent problem because of new DSGVO in Europe (Data law).

I have to disconnect the connection
with , in the head
with error in network analysis https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js/AuthenticationService.Authenticate?1s

and youtube, shown in the network analysis: www-widgetapi.js + common.js + util.js + stats.js

I would like to remove the google maps function (widget) and the so-video function (widget).

I tried so much, but no result.

Maybe you can help me? Thank you so much !!!

Hello there,

Doesn’t removing the respective widgets from your page/widget area work for you?

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis, thank you for the fast replay,

No, the problem is the same - online connection to google and youtube. On Demand loading the scripts is law compliant and this is very important in 22 hours (may 24) in europe.

Regards,
Gerd

Hello Gerd,

Sydney Pro registers Google Map API script in the main theme’s functions. And does nothing with YouTube. To exclude the Map API, add the below code to your child theme’s functions.php. Or you can use Code Snippets plugin without child theme.

function sydney_pro_child_remove_googlemap_api() {

wp_dequeue_style( 'sydney-gmaps-api' );

}
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'sydney_pro_child_remove_googlemap_api', 999 );

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

the youtube connection is solved. But google maps connection is online. I deactivate the Google Maps widget.
I think, the head area doesn`t change.

Is there anywhere a reset option?

Regards,
Gerd

Hello Kharis,

i tried the code, but the network analysis show me the same connection.

The youtube JS loads are solved.

Regards,
Gerd

Hello Gerd,

I am sorry, I wrote too fast. Please replace this line:

wp_dequeue_style( 'sydney-gmaps-api' ); 

with:

wp_dequeue_script( 'sydney-gmaps-api' ); 

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

The ‘sydney-gmaps-api’ print every time the google maps api in the Website source code. From tommorow, this is not GDPR Compliant.
How I can deregister the api?

Regards,
Gerd

Checkout this thread, please.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

the snippet in my child-template works perfect. Thank you so much for your help. The last gdpr problem ist to opt-in the google maps api (see on network analysis).

Regards,
Gerd

Hi,
I installed and could successfully remove the google map but there is the free space still there. I don’t want a white space. Please view the link and let me know how can I remove the blank space.

https://roy2018.clippingoutsource.com/contact/

Best Regards,
roy

Hello Roy,

Really sorry for the long delay.

The problem that causes you this might be Google Map API key has changed because of pricing policy.

As stated in the FAQs section,

Can I still use Google Maps Platform for free?

Yes. When you enable billing, you get $200 free usage every month for Maps, Routes, or Places. Based on the millions of users using our APIs today, most of them can continue to use Google Maps Platform for free with this credit.

As a result, you might need to upgrade your API key.

Regards,
Kharis

That is fine. I will do it in this weekend.

However, I have another question, I want to use gravity plugin for some reason. Is this gravity plugin user friendly for my sydney pro theme?

Hello there,

From plugin should be working fine with Sydney Pro theme because our theme code follows the WordPress coding standard and it should not break the functionality of third party plugins like Gravity form.

If you have any other questions we can help, please feel free to open a new topic. Use one topic for one subject and avoid asking multiple times in single topic. Doing so will help us archive this support forum neatly.

Regards,
Kharis