Clean up theme, remove title, white spaces

Hello,

I´m trying to set up a clean Sidney theme and I´d like to remove the title and have my page content on top of my page seamless. Now I removed a lot of parts of the site using custom css which I found on this forum, I still have a small white space above my content.

This is my current (dummy) site: www.joukekoning.nl

And this is my custom css:

.site-info.container {
        display: none;
    }

.footer-widgets {
        padding: 30px 0;
    }

.site-footer {
    }

.page .page-wrap .content-wrapper, .single .page-wrap .content-wrapper {
        padding: 0 !important;
    }

.entry-footer {
        display: none !important;
    }

.content-area .hentry {
        padding-bottom: 0 !important;
    }

.page.hentry .title-post {
    }

Really hope you guys can help me out, I’m struggling with this for weeks now and it’s driving me instane. Also my girlfriend would really be glad if you could help me because I’m stressed out at home because of this. Even our cat starts to give me evil looks.

Hello there,

Try editing your page and enabling Front Page template in the Page Attributes box. See if it could resolve the issue.

Regards,
Kharis

That did the trick! Wow, wish I knew this weeks ago haha.
So basically there are some templates for pages, and the Front Page template is the nice and clean one without titles and blank spaces?
Very interesting to know this, thanks for your knowledge!

Page template is a unique design variation could be chosen instead of default one. Front page is intended to eliminate extra spaces at top and bottom and leave the main content alone.

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Very useful information, thanks a lot.
Now I’m one step further, but still got kind of the same question:
I’d like to remove the header menu, and I use this code:

.home .site-header{
padding: 0;
}

It does indeed stop displaying the menu, but it still takes it´s space, is there a way to remove the top menu entirely and just make the next element (which is the “ARCHIEF” button, followed by the slider at my website) move up a row?
Same thing seems to be happening beneath my slider, there is also some fill up space until the next element shows.

Probably you’d need to add this CSS code:

.home .header-clone {
    }

As it presents when header image is enabled with custom height.

Regards,
Kharis