Child theme

I’ve just purchased the Alizee Pro and I want to create a child theme. I need a little help with the functions.php.

In my current theme’s functions I have something like the below - what do I need for Alizee Pro?:

/* Adds the child theme setup function to the 'after_setup_theme' hook. */
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'hopeareunus_child_theme_setup', 11 );

/**
 * Setup function.  All child themes should run their setup within this function.  The idea is to add/remove 
 * filters and actions after the parent theme has been set up.  This function provides you that opportunity.
 * @since 0.1.0
 */
function hopeareunus_child_theme_setup() {

/* Get the theme prefix ("hopeareunus"). */
	$prefix = hybrid_get_prefix();

You don’t need anything special for Alizee. The method described in the Codex is the one you should follow. The code you posted doesn’t help you.

From the Codex:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );

}

Many thanks Vlad.

When I preview my child theme the posts will not do three columns. If I choose 3-columns it shows two columns etc.

Obviously this must have got to do with my child theme - but what could it be?

Can’t really tell without seeing your code and website. Perhaps you’ve added some CSS to your child theme?

Hi Reinar,
I had the same issue and the problem is that apparently the bootstrap css file gets loaded after the parent style.
To solve it, try changing the following code in your functions.php:
Try changing this
add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ );
to this
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles', 99 );

Seems bizarre that you have to do this in order to get it working, but it fixed the columns issue for me.
I have run into further problems immplementing a child theme for Alizee pro, but that’s another story I will post about soon.
Good luck