Child Theme vs Customizer

I installed the Child theme of SyPro II on a localhost. When I edit style.css file with code there is reaction at the site. If I put the same Code into the customizer the changes will be done. What am I doing wrong.
Here is the code snippet

/*Fisel und König anpassen*/
.site-title a, .site-title a:hover, .site-description {
    color: #e20034;
}

Hello there,

You have to find whether you got duplication code or not in the style.css file of theme theme. If you get the same code, you can directly edit that line, or put your own code to the most bottom line.

Please note that editing the theme’s style.css is not recommended due to all files will be overwritten when updating. You should use a child theme instead for safer way.

Adding, styles under Customzer are printed out after the theme’s style.css and overrides the same code which presents in the theme’s style.css.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

the customizer is empty and I paste the code in sytles.css-file of the child theme. There is no code twice. but there is no effect. when put the same code in the customizer back everything works fine.

Hello there,

Thank you for getting back.

Perhaps you didn’t properly call the child theme’s style.css. Refer to this documentation:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

I am using the original child-theme of Sydney and Sydney Pro with their specific styles.css and functions.php files with a localhost installation. Do they need some more coding?
Regards
Klaus