Child theme not working properly

Hi all!

First of all, thank you for this awesome theme… I can imagine how much tough work it has consumed… really appreciate it so much.

Well, as I would like to customize it a bit, I created a child theme, but it seems that it does not work properly. The content of my “Services” and “Employees” area is not displayed/visible and I have also difficulties changing the sections’ colors in the Customizer (it is being changed only if I combine the sections’ color change with editing of some other feature in the Customize, e.g. changing of header image).

If I switch to the parent theme, everything is working fine. Any idea what could I do about this, or what I forgot to do?

Thank you for your response.

working site: barbarice.srobezstarosti.sk

child theme’s style.css file beginning:

/*
Theme Name: Moesia Child
Template: moesia
Text Domain: moesia-child

--------------------------------------------------------------*/

child theme’s functions.php content:

<?php

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );

}

bebik

Hey,

You should remove the code from your child style.css. It seems you added the whole stylesheet there, do I think it’s an older version. So delete the code and only add what you need (keep the header of course).

Hey there,

you were right. Everything works fine now.

I used to copy the code of the whole parent stylesheet into the child style.css in my recent projects, but it seems child themes work a bit differently since introduction of wordpress 4.0.

Thanx

Bebik