Child Theme Issue

Hello, I am in the process of creating a website and am trying to create a child theme (I am using the plugin “Child Theme Configurator”). The below was generated as an unexpected PHP debug output:

Notice: Constant WP_CRON_LOCK_TIMEOUT already defined in /home4/kristlw4/public_html/wp-config.php on line 91

Notice: Constant AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL already defined in /home4/kristlw4/public_html/wp-config.php on line 92

Notice: Constant WP_POST_REVISIONS already defined in /home4/kristlw4/public_html/wp-config.php on line 93

Notice: Constant EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS already defined in /home4/kristlw4/public_html/wp-config.php on line 94

The plugin mentioned that I should reach out to the Theme’s author and report this information.

Can I still use Sydney as a Child Theme while the above conditions exist? Please let me know!

Thanks!

Hello there,

The error messages showing the file where the error occurred. wp-config.php file is actually one of WordPress core files. Not sure if the error is in relation with Sydney theme. To verify it yourself, please try temporarily enabling one of the default WordPress themes like Twenty Seventeen. Then do configuring a child theme with it. And see if the error still persists.

By the way, we have a pre-made child theme for Sydney already which the copy is available to download here in this link. You can use it for starting point to develop your child theme.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thank you for the response! Regarding your first suggestion:

“To verify it yourself, please try temporarily enabling one of the default WordPress themes like Twenty Seventeen. Then do configuring a child theme with it. And see if the error still persists.”

How exactly do I do this? I am working on a site using the Sydney theme right now and I am very worried about losing all of my information/work! Please let me know how to do try the above option safely, so that I do not lose any information :slight_smile:

Hello there,

Switching themes won’t eliminate the configurations you’ve done with previous active theme, as the settings are stored separately and tied to the theme. Once Sydney is activated, all of your settings will be restored.

Regards,
Kharis

1 Like