Child theme for Rocked Pro

Hi there, I’m used to use and create child themes and in fact have also created some for Moesia Pro, but there is something special to be aware of with Rocked Pro? It works fine with the Rocked Pro itself (shows my home page with the header image, menu, services, etc.) but not with my child theme. I’m sure its something related to the parent theme usage, but can’t figure it out…

Thanks

Sorry, I said nothing… just reimported the settings files and it works perfectly… Thanks, issue solved.

What settings did you reimport? I am having issues with the columns displaying properly on my child theme. They display fine when my parent theme is activated. I created the style.css and functions.php (with the enqueue code) in the child theme with no luck.

Any advice?

Hello there,

The Customizer’s control values are retrieved by using get_theme_mods function. From codex, this function retrieves all theme modification values for the current theme. If you switch to the child theme, you should need to manually sync the customizer setup you’ve done as the active theme is being changed. The WordPress system detects it by the theme folder; not by parent-child theme relation.

To sync the customizer settings to the child theme, do the following:

1. Install and activate the Customizer Export/Import plugin (while having the parent theme active)

2. Go to Appearance > Customize > Export/Import and click on Export. You will automatically download a file

3. Open that file and do a find/replace for “rocked-pro” and replace with “rocked-pro-child” (child theme folder name). Save the file

4. Go to Appearance > Themes. Switch to child theme and visit again Customize > Export/Import. This time you will upload the file you’ve just edited

5. Deactivate the Customizer Export/Import plugin

Regards,
Kharis

I’ve reimported the settings from the Athemes page, didn’t exported and renamed and everything works just fine in my child theme. Do you recommend Kharis to do the export-find/replace-import procedure anyway?

Thanks.

Hello Sandro,

I don’t recommend it. For some reason, it works without renaming the theme slug in a particular hosting environment. I don’t rename anything as well, and it works.

Regards,
Kharis

Ok, I’ll avoid it, it works just fine and sounds weird to me. I’m hosting in Rackspace.