Child theme for Moesia not working

Hello!

I just purchased your wonderful Moesia Pro theme. I have created a child theme following the WP codex instructions but when activating it, the child theme does not show any of the parent theme layout, it goes back to the plain wp blog default. Do I need more than 2 files for my child theme? I currently have the styles.css and functions.php

For my css file I followed the wp codex instructions:

/*
Theme Name: Moesia-Pro Child
Theme URI: https://athemes.com/theme/moesia
Author: aThemes
Author URI: https://athemes.com
Description: Moesia is the business theme you need in order to build your presence on the Internet. Choose from eleven predefined blocks and build the homepage that best suits your company. Each of the homepage blocks can have a parallax background image and its own set of colors. Moesia also features a selection of Google Fonts, two types of layouts for the blog page, cool animations and effects, a parallax header and much more.
Version: 1.33
License: GNU General Public License v2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Text Domain: moesia
Domain Path: /languages/
Tags: light, two-columns, three-columns, right-sidebar, fluid-layout, responsive-layout, custom-colors, custom-background, custom-header, custom-menu, featured-images, sticky-post, theme-options, threaded-comments, translation-ready
his theme, like WordPress, is licensed under the GPL.
Use it to make something cool, have fun, and share what you’ve learned with others.
Moesia is based on Underscores http://underscores.me/, © 2012-2014 Automattic, Inc.

and I added this code to the functions php file:

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ );
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );

}

I am sure I am doing something wrong, I appreciate all your help in advance,

regards,

Fabiola

Hello,

Child themes don’t inherit Customizer settings from parent themes. It’s just how Wordpress works. So basically your child theme works properly but you need to redo your settings. Then you can go ahead and start using it for customizations :slight_smile:

Thank you for your prompt response!

I am looking to just do some minor css/php changes is there a custom css in the theme that overrides the parent theme styles?

I have another question. I am trying to display a video in the header section of the frontage, I have placed the url address to where my video is hosted (vimeo/youtube) but after saving and refreshing the site it still doesnt show. What do I need to input in the section where it says “Enter the full link for your mp4 video” Because I believe it asks for the url? or is this self hosted? do I need to upload my video to my server in any specific media folder?

And for the Revolution slider. I was checking the features and I was under the impression that the revolution slider was also for videos. I dont see that option in the plugin section. Where do I find that? Sorry for so many questions, I have watching your demo’s and attempted to upload your demo content but i keep getting errors…

Thanks again for your help!

Fabiola.

You could install a custom CSS plugin if you would like.

The built-in video header works only with self-hosted videos.

Revolution Slider works with any kind of videos and it’s better to use it then the default video header. See here how to set up videos: http://revolution.themepunch.com/documentation/#youtube-vimeo

What kind of errors are you getting when uploading the demo content?

Hey Vlad,

I got the Demo going fine… thanks again for the link in the revolution slider will make sure to check it out for my videos display. I have another question regarding the theme, I located the home.php template in the file manager however I do not see it on the front end section in the drop down template options. Or is the home.php the default page php? How can I get the masonry grid effect that this home page template have… I dont see it in any of my options in the widget area. thanks again for your help

Regards,

Hey,

You won’t see it in the dropdown template options because it’s not a page template. That file handles only the blog page of your site. So if your site is set to display the latest posts -> that file will be used. If your site is set on a static front page/blog page mode, then that file will be used for the blog page. To activate masonry you need to go to Customize > Blog options.

Hi Vlad!

Thanks again for your great support. I think I have the theme pretty much figured out by now. Thou, I have one last question about the revolution slider. I followed the link you sent in your previous replied, and they offer great instructions there, but they don’t apply to the rev slider that came with the theme… when I go to the plugin settings I don’t see any video tabs built there… only slides for images… I had thought that this theme came with the $18 slider plugin which included video support… am I missing any instructions on your theme documentations I should follow so I can set up the revolution slider for videos too? I can always use the one Moesia has but it is not mobile supported and I thought with the slider this problem will be cover but it seems that this is only for the actual customers that purchase it thru their developers… Do you have plans to make your video slider responsive any time soon ?? Thanks for your time.

Regards
Fabiola.

Hey,

There is only one Revolution Slider (the $18 one) and it comes bundled with the theme. If you can send an admin account for me at vlad[at]athemes.com I’ll set up a video in your header so you can see.