Child Theme Breaks after Sydney update 1.36

Hi guys,

Last week I made a child theme for Sydney so I could customize it (even) more, and like a dummy, when I logged on and saw an update was available for Sydney today, I clicked install without a second thought.

Well, now the website doesn’t get past the loading screen (the one with the 2 moving dots).

I used a plugin to make the child theme (Child Theme Configurator, it’s called) so after realizing that my child theme it was definitely broken, I thought the quickest fix might be to make a brand new child theme based on Sydney 1.36. But upon making the new child theme, it too can’t get past the load screen.

I’m brand new to child themes, still trying to understand how they work and how they depend on the parent theme, but I’m pretty sure this isn’t supposed to happen. What do I need to do?

Nevermind. Child theme 1 Started working all the sudden. Maybe because I cleared the browser cache? That’s my only guess.

2x a dummy today! Yay!! :slight_smile:

I got the same problem.

My website don’t load anymore after the update.

I deleted the cash like she told, but still not working. Any idea ?

Thanks

Yeah, its back. Have no idea how!

Thanks anyway. We love Sydney !

Hi,

Great! I’m glad it’s resolved! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba