Changing slug makes widget disappear

Hi Vlad,

I am in The Netherlands and as such am trying to change the slug services to the Dutch word for that Diensten.

Through searching I found earlier topics like https://athemes.com/forums/topic/rename-services-to-products-and-edit-services-permalink-pages/ and found your answer. But same as the other people in that link at the end: whenever I just change the slug and save the permalink structure the only thing that happens is that the whole widget disappears. Only when I change the slug back to services it works again.

My website is www.rijnweb.nl.

Please advise what to do.

Greets,
Olaf

Hi,

You don’t have to change it from slug. That’s what identifies the custom post type and is basically the only thing that needs to stay in place in order for the widget to know what posts to pull.

Here is where you actually need to change it: https://snag.gy/Fj8bUI.jpg
I have some stuff open and my screen looks awful, but you can see where you need to change it.

Great thx, that worked perfectly!

Hi Vlad,

Sorry to bother you again but I have a related wish. I Googled to find the answer but so far nothing obviously…

I would like to make an extra row like Testimonials but with a different name e.g. Questions.

So I can create a CPT Questions and add new Questions and stuff. But I don’t see a Moesia FP: Questions Widget to choose from…

Is there a way to add rows with New CPTs?

Greets,
Olaf

The widgets that you can find are custom coded for the theme. They don’t generate automatically by creating a CPT in Types.
So this is not possible I’m afraid unless you’re able to code your own widget.

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the answer.

Related question: can Moesia widgets be used in every Page Builder Theme and if so how?

That would be so awesome!

Greets,
Olaf

Hi,

Basically the same answer as above. Anything is possible as long as you are able to do it yourself. The Moesia widgets are in the theme, so to use them in a different theme you’d have to move them, load them and also get the styles.