Changing Slider Text Position

Hi there,

I’d like to move up the slider text on my front page.

I’m very new to WordPress and don’t know anything about writing code, but I’ve spent a lot of time watching tutorials and looking through other Support topics to try to solve this issue myself.

I’ve created a Sydney child theme, and entered the following code in the css stylesheet:

.text-slider-section {
top: 45% !important;
}

But it doesn’t matter what % I change it to, the text position remains the same. Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong?

My web address is http://writegirldesigns.com/ but it’s in Coming Soon mode right now while I familiarize myself with WP and build the site.

Looking forward to some help!

Cheers and thanks,
Connie

Hello there,

Try the following:

.text-slider-section {
  -webkit-transform: none !important;
     -moz-transform: none !important;
      -ms-transform: none !important;
       -o-transform: none !important;
          transform: none !important;
}        

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,
Yay, it worked!! I had to play around with the % a little bit to get the slider text where I wanted it, but the coding you provided certainly did the trick. Awesome, thanks so much!
Cheers,
Connie

Hi Kharis,

I have almost the same situation than WriteGirlDesigns. I want to change the position of the text in the slider to the bottom. I copied the code in the TJ Custom CSS but even if I change the value it doesn’t work. Do I have to create a child theme for this? is there other way?

Thanks!

Juliana

Dear Juliana,

Is the group of CSS code in the TJ Custom CSS error free? You can check it by using this tool.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for replying and for giving me such an amazing tool to check. I already did the checks, and no errors were found. However, it still doesn´t work.
What can I do? The page is in coming Soon mode: www.diglobal.ltd

Thank you!

Juliana

Dear Juliana,

You site is being under-construction mode. It prevents me to see your actual site. Could you please temporarily make it public? Or if you want it to remain private, would you mind if you grant me an access to your site admin area?

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

I just removed the under construction temporarily. I don´t know how to give you access to my site admin area without publishing here all the details.

Thanks for your help!

Juliana

Dear Juliana,

> I don´t know how to give you access to my site admin area without publishing here all the details.

You can email me at kharisblank@gmail.com and enclose the link to this topic.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Juliana,

Please try this code:

.slide-inner{
  -webkit-transform: none !important;
     -moz-transform: none !important;
      -ms-transform: none !important;
       -o-transform: none !important;
          transform: none !important;
}        

FYI, we updated the main slider markup since Sydney version 1.26. That’s why the previous code doesn’t work.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

It worked now changing to 80%
I sent you an email before, so please ignore it. Thank you so much!!
Finally

:slight_smile:

Great!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, I am trying to create a new post but I can’t find a button to do it. Can you please help me?

The site is www.diglobal.ltd

I wanted to duplicate one page to use it as a template in another page. Wrongly I put clone and everything was double. Then I clicked on history (2 minutes before) and now everything es messed up in my home. It only shows one row on the page builder and the rest is together in visual. I lost all the rows. What can I do?

Please help! I am sorry to write here but I am desperate.

Thank you!

Go here, please.

https://athemes.com/forums/forum/sydney/#new-post

Hello,
I just tried this on my Sydney-Them and it seems to work just in full-screen mode. Not for tablets and mobiles. I’d need it almost for the mobile-version as the text is placed too close to the bottom there.

Thanks for helping!

HI ,
With the Sydney Pro I am trying to make the text on the slider drop down or combination of drop and raise up but there are no settings . It only slides into the page , looks very old and boring . Anyway to make changes to the style of movement ? Thank you

Hello there,

Try adding the following custom CSS code into your site’s additional CSS option under Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

@-webkit-keyframes fadeInRightBig {
  from {
    right: auto;
    margin-top: -99em;
  }
  to {
    margin-top: 0;
  }
}
@keyframes fadeInRightBig {
  from {
    margin-top: -99em;
  }
  to {
    margin-bottom: 0;
  }
}

It overrides the default animation transition. You can do other variation to meet your need. If you aren’t familiar with CSS animation, read more about it on W3S.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello @Palmstroem,

Please share the link to your site, so I can take a closer look and be able to assist you in better way.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello, Is it possible to change the position of the text in only one of the slides?

Hello there,

You can use this CSS code:

/* Slide 1 */
.slide-item:nth-of-type(1) .slide-inner{
  top: 15% !important;
}  

/* Slide 2 */
.slide-item:nth-of-type(2) .slide-inner {
  top: 25% !important;
}

/* Slide 3 */
.slide-item:nth-of-type(3) .slide-inner {