Changing my footer in Leto

Hey I’ve been researching this problem for a few days and i’ve come up with nothing.

I’m currently building a friend an Ecommerce site with Leto & Elementor. I’ve built a footer template using Elementor but there doesn’t seem to be a way to add this to the Leto theme. In the customise editor there is very few options available for me to edit the footer so I’m pretty stuck.

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

Liam

Hello Liam,

Can you please provide a link to that site and some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman, thanks for your speedy response. I don’t think I can provide a link to the site as i’m currently building it on a MAMP server on my Laptop. I can provide screenshots though.

Here’s a picture of my current footer:

I’d like to change it to this elementor footer template I made:

I don’t know how to do this using the Leto theme, the options in the customise bar don’t give me much flexibility in regards to changing the footer, all I can do is make the footer boxed:

I’d like to change the footer with this template if possible :slight_smile:

Sorry if this is a pretty easy issue to solve i’m still pretty new to Wordpress, any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Liam

Hello Liam, thank you for the screenshots.

You can remove default footer by removing this code from theme footer.php file:

<footer id="colophon" class="site-footer">
	<?php do_action( 'leto_footer' ); ?>
</footer><!-- #colophon -->

But please note that you have to override modified file in a child theme in order to avoid losing your changes after theme update.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Ok great thanks for the help. So I can remove the current footer but how do i replace it? Do I need to use a child theme that has the ability to edit footers? Thanks again

Hey Roman, I figured it out thanks for your help. I removed the code like you said and went into the footer.php file in the editor and replaced it with a shortcode to the template I made. Thanks again for your help.

Okay, you are welcome Liam!

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Sure thing, will do :slight_smile: Thanks again

1 Like