Changing link color in blog posts and page copy

Hello, I would like to change the link color in my blog posts and on my page copy to a blue color (any example will do). Following the suggestions on another post, it also changed the color of my header. Don’t want that.

There’s a link in the Dream Interpretation Service copy, but you can’t see it. The same thing is happening when I try to link text in my blog posts.

Any response is really appreciated.

best regards,
Jesamine

Hello Jesamine,

I’m not sure what links you are referring to, can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online services (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi again Roman. Before I go through the screen shot technique, let me show you where the links are in the text using bold font. I have dual screens, so my screen shots are very small. My setup makes unplugging my extra monitor a bit of a pain. If you hover over the text in the site page, you’ll see that it’s a link that’s not visible due to the color. If you still don’t know, I’ll revert to one monitor and give you a screen shot.

Dream Interpretation

Are you interested in learning more about what your dreams mean? Dream interpretation can lend insight into our most resistant patterns of behavior and help guide us into new, more flexible ways of being in the world. The goal of dream analysis is to integrate the dream material into our conscious lives, something that broadens our perspective and enriches our lives. We also offer dream groups.

Jesamine, please try to set Links Color in Design section of the widget editing window.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello again Roman. I feel like I am taking advantage of you. I am sorry. I tried your suggestion, but it did not work. It’s odd because when I hit the page, for a second the blue link shows up, but then reverts to the original.

I tried this code to test it and it does change all of my links, but it turns the menu links red as well. I don’t want that. I will remove this code, unless you email me and tell me to do it again while we work on this. Again, thank you ever so kindly for your time!

a {
    color: red !important;
}

a:hover {
    color: green !important;
}

Hello Jesamine,

Please try to use the following CSS code, it should work for content in services widget.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up).

.widget .service p a {
    color: aqua !important;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman, you are awesome. It worked beautifully on the services widget. I do have one question. I’d also like for the blue link to show up in my posts. In the article below, the phrase “stimulus barrier” is linked. I tried this in the same place you showed me for the services widget, but it did not work. I am afraid to ask this next question: I did not know about child themes until this week. If Sydney updates, will I lose all of my customization?

a.postlink:link, a.postlink:visited {
color: blue;
text-decoration: underline;
}

a.postlink:hover, a.postlink:active {
color: lightblue;
text-decoration: underline;
}

thanks again…

Hello Jesamine,

1. It looks like that stimulus barrier link is already blue, have you already resolved this issue?

2. If all your customizations are in Additional CSS section, then everything should be fine after update. However, please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
    https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Also you might want to check this tutorial:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi again Roman, no I didn’t resolve it. I can see what you are seeing from my laptop, but it is still not enough of a contrast for me. When I look at from my two desktop monitors, I can barely see it.

Thank you for the tips. I am going to double check that all of my customizations are in the right place. I will make sure that I keep up on backups. I will also checkout the tutorial. I am about to launch another site and this time I want to do it right the first time.

As always, many thanks for your time…

Kind regards,
Jesamine

Hello Jesamine,

Please try to use this CSS code:

.entry-content a {
    color: blue;
}

.entry-content a:hover {
    color: aqua;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman - that worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

All the best,
Jesamine

Great! You are welcome Jesamine! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.