Changing Hover/Active Category in Portfolio Widget

Hello!

I am having a difficult time changing the hover over and the active link background on my homepage portfolio area, titled recent work. It looks fine as is but, when I hover, the link text and background are the same, as is the active category.

my homepage is http://www.danryancreative.com its not much below the fold titles My Work if you hover over a category you’ll understand my problem I am sure

Also, when I hover over the image, the link is also the highlight color grrr not sure why that is or how I can change it.

Hi,

I’ve checked your site. Trying to hover the project items and there is only a link displayed with green color of the text. So, to change the color, you can put the CSS code below into: Customize > additional CSS.

.project-item a {
    color: white !important;
}

Regards,
Awan

Thank you Awan that worked for the project items. Would be chance be able to help me with the original question, about the category backgrounds in the same “Recent Work” section? As you can see, I have three categories so far, “See All” “Print” and “Branding.” When I hover over one of them/, or when it is active, the background becomes the same color as the link? How can I change that

?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Here is the CSS code to change the font color:

.project-filter li a:hover {
    color: #fff !important;
}

Regards,
Awan

Thank you, that worked like a charm! Where would I find the original CSS for this?

I ask because when I click, the active link then becomes the same as the background once again. I’ll figure it out.