Changing header text font colours

wanting to use light opacity to background image, which I’ve set, but now need to change font colours. Site title I can do within ‘customise’, but can’t find where to change font colours for the header text and menu - how do we do this.

Hello,

Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots with a link to your website?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

see the site here http://sailsandsummits.co.uk

We’ve taken the shading / opacity off the header image (which was previously darker than we wanted), and now the menu and header text, being white, is too difficult to read. So now we need to change these to dark blue (or similar), but cant find where in the customisation to do it, or how else to do it?

Hello,

1. You can try to make your header text bold by adding this CSS code:
header#masthead {
    font-weight: bold !important;
}
  1. You can try to add some light background by adding this CSS code:
header#masthead {
    background-color: rgba(32,37,41,0.5);
}

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

Coming back to this question, the answers provided work well and look good, but would still like to change the text color of the headers - I’ve managed to change menu color, but despite trying similar code as you provided above, I can’t find the answer to changing the header text colour - seems to stay white?

managed to change header text with, for example

.header-text {
color: blue !important;
}

but unable to change small header line (not sure what it is called?

Hello,

Please create a new topic for this question with some explanatory screenshots, a link to your website, and more details.

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online services.

Kind Regards, Roman.