Changing color and size of fonts

How do I change the color and the size of fonts (for headlines etc.)?

(First time making a website, not using Live Composer)

Hello,

Please describe what exactly you want to change and how.

Also please provide a link to your website.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
You might want to check West documentation here:
http://docs.athemes.com/category/204-west

Also you can check Live Composer documentation here:
https://livecomposer.help/

Hello,

Can you please describe what exactly you want to change and how?

Kind Regards, Roman.

I would like to know how to change the size/color of the page titles and the menu titles.

Hello,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.entry-header .entry-title {
    color: green;
    font-size: 32px;
}

.main-navigation ul li a {
    color: yellow;
    font-size: 16px;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks!

You are welcome! And have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman, could you please explain why the font color is yellow here?:

I haven’t chosen that color in the page creation menu.

Hello,

It looks like you have selected that color in settings, though I’m not sure where exactly.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hm, can’t remember having done that.

Okay. It seems that it was the option “Primary color” that has changed the color of my link list. Now it doesn’t do this anymore because I defined the color in the page settings. But a strange thing is: Why wasn’t/isn’t the text color of my front page influenced by that “Primary color” setting? Instead the text color of my front page is influenced by the setting “Body text”.

Hello,

Some colors are set by specific CSS rules and can’t be changed from settings.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello again, Roman.

At the beginning of this topic I asked about how to change the size of the page titles. You gave me a CSS code which worked. Now I realize that the size of the page titles can also be changed in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Fonts → H1 font size. But when I save the changing and leave the Customize-menu, the size of the page titles jump to a very small size. How is this possible?

Hello,

Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online services (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).

Kind Regards, Roman.

Screenshots of what exactly?

Screenshots of how it looks in Customize section and on the front end of your website.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sorry, somehow, can’t do screenshots.

I will try to explain the problem again:

When I go to Customizer -> Fonts, I can change the page title size by changing the value of “H1 font size”. For example: When I change the value to “42”, the page title is getting that size. But after saving the changes and closing the Customizer, the size of the page title automatically falls down to the size of 28, which isn’t even the standard value of “H1 font size”. (Standard value is 36.) And when I reopen the Customizer and go to Fonts, it still shows “42”, while the page title size still is at 28. Then again, when I change that value, the page title size is changing correctly with it.

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to affected page?

Kind Regards, Roman.

[imgur links removed by request]

Hello,

That title has more specific CSS rule, that’s normal.

Kind Regards, Roman.