Changing button named "Proceed to PayPal"

Hi,

In the ‘Checkout’ area, I would like to change the button named “Proceed to PayPal” to “Proceed to Checkout”

Can you help me with this please. (the current label is causing some confusion among potential clients)

Hello there,

You could easily change it with a translation plugin like Loco Translate. Once activated, then choose plugin translation and WooCommerce. For more detailed instructions, watch this video:

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you, Kharis.

Is there a way to do this without adding a plugin? - Terribly sorry for all the questions.

Hello there,

Try this PHP snippet:

add_filter( 'woocommerce_order_button_text', 'airi_child_custom_order_button_text' ); 
    function airi_child_custom_order_button_text() {
        return __( 'Proceed to Checkout', 'woocommerce' ); 
    }

Add it to your child theme’s functions.php file. If no child theme enabled, alternatively you can use a plugin that does the same purpose like Functionality or Code Snippets.

Regards,
Kharis

Many thanks for all your help!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, I’m sorry to be on this topic yet again. But after, adding the php code, I have “Proceed to Checkout” on the Cart Page (as normal)…but…

However, it’s still saying “Proceed to PayPal” on the Checkout Page

Is there php code to change this? (Also- I am trying to avoid installing another plugin to the website)

Thanks in advance for your help, Kharis

Hello there,

That button requires different code. Try adding this one:

add_filter( 'woocommerce_order_button_html', 'airi_child_custom_order_button_text_on_checkout' ); 
    function airi_child_custom_order_button_text_on_checkout() {
        return '<button type="submit" class="button alt" name="woocommerce_checkout_place_order" id="place_order" value="Proceed to Checkout" data-value="Proceed to Checkout">Proceed to Checkout</button>'; 
    }

Regards,
Kharis

Unfortunately, that one did not work either.

Hello there,

If your site has an active change, you would have to flush/clear it first. Because it usually won’t load new code addition immediately.

https://codex.wordpress.org/I_Make_Changes_and_Nothing_Happens

Regards,
Kharis

Still nothing.

I deleted cache etc using WP Super Cache
Also deleted locally stored files in browser
Tried the process with Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge