Change the link in "LATEST ARTICLES"

Hi Kharis,

how can we change the link “SEE ALL” in “LATEST ARTICLES” Column in Sydney theme.
As i need to change it to some other landing page.
website link:- www.petchikitsa.com

Thanks & Regards
Aditya Sharma

Hi,

You can change the link of the “SEE ALL” button from the latest news widget in widgets / fp-latest-news.php, from line 113 and line 115, in these codes replace the code from after <a href=" with your link:

<a href="<?php echo esc_url(get_category_link(get_cat_ID($cat -> name))); ?>" class="roll-button more-button"><?php echo $see_all_text; ?></a>

<a href="<?php echo get_permalink( get_option( 'page_for_posts' ) ); ?>" class="roll-button more-button"><?php echo $see_all_text; ?></a>

the code should look like this after modification:

<a href="your-link-here" class="roll-button more-button"><?php echo $see_all_text; ?></a>

<a href="your-link-here" class="roll-button more-button"><?php echo $see_all_text; ?></a>

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,
Thanks for you rprompt reply.

I will try to share my concern first so that if you can provide a better alternative.

EARLIER
Whenever i was clicking on “SEE ALL OUR NEWS” it was taking me to blog page “http://petchikitsa.com/my-blog/” which was looking good over all as per my website.

NOW
Whenever i am clicking on “SEE ALL OUR NEWS” it is taking me to blog page “http://petchikitsa.com/category/cases/” which is not at all looking good and also displaying “Category: Cases” just before the BLOGS in the top.

I want the earlier situation not the current situation.

You please open both the links and you will get the clarity.

This happened when i was working on live editor on home page and by mistake i clicked on DUPLICATE instead of EDIT.

The same difference you can also notice when you will click on BLOG in top menu bar and SEE ALL OUR NEWS.

Even i can work on the same SYDNEY FP: LATEST NEWS only if ill get the same link which i was getting earlier.

Thanks & Regards
Aditya Sharma

Hi,

If you’ve set to show certain categories on the widget, then the button will link to the category page instead of the blog where you can see all posts from all categories, so if you want to link the button to the blog page, then please remove the categories set in the widget.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

will that resolve my problem of the landing page.

and i dont know how to do that. can you please tell me the steps.

Hi,

I am not sure about your landing page issue, can you, please clarify what is the issue there? You have to remove the category slug by editing the Sydney FP: Latest News widget in Page Builder and the second input field where you’ve input the categories you want to show have to be emptied, so the button link will become a link to your blog page instead of category page.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

yes my issue is the landing page…
it should be blog page not the category page.
Just like when i am clicking on BLOG in top right menu, the landing page for SEE ALL OUR NEWS also needs to be the same.

Please tell me what all changes i need to do for this in page builder.

Website Link :www.petchikitsa.com

Please Reply how can i do the same…

Hi,

I have told you what to do to make the button to link to the blog page in my previous post:

You have to remove the category slug by editing the Sydney FP: Latest News widget in Page Builder and the second input field where you’ve input the categories you want to show have to be emptied, so the button link will become a link to your blog page instead of category page.

or modify the code I gave you in my first reply.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

HI,

““You have to remove the category slug by editing the Sydney FP: Latest News widget in Page Builder and the second input field where you’ve input the categories you want to show have to be emptied, so the button link will become a link to your blog page instead of category page.””

Could you Please expalin me step by step how to do this as i asked the same earlier as well.

Hi Csaba,

Please share the step as i am unable to find the option that you just shared of making changes in Page Builder.

Hi Csaba,

Would you please share the step on the same as how to do that and where to find those options as i am unable to find. please help me out …

Hi,

Edit your homepage: www.petchikitsa.com under Page Builder edit the Sydney FP: Latest News widget and under Enter the slug for your category or leave empty to show posts from all categories. remove the category slug(s) you’ve entered, ( anything you may have in this text field have to be removed ).

Kind Regards,
Csaba