Change the design of the Blog post templates provided with the Sydney Theme

Dear sir/madam,

I recently created my own website and have added some blog posts to my my website.

However, I would like to change the appearance of my blog pages, I have tried using different templates such as “Default Template”, “No Sidebar” and the “Page Builder Ready” templates but they do not provide what I am looking for.

Am I correct in assuming that these templates come with the Sydney Theme, or are these templates part of Wordpress?

The changes I would like to make to the templates are…

1. to remove the date and publisher section at the top of my blog page. I am already using a Plugin to remove the Title on my pages but I have been unable to remove these.
  2. I would like to change the color of the “Tag section” at the bottom of my page to match the color of my footer. Also I would like to reduce the size (Height) of this section as it is rather big"

Here is an example blog post from my website http://www.gogohopping.com/10-things-you-must-do-when-visiting-thailand/

Please can you tell me if the PRO Version of Sydney has any additional blog page templates.

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Hi,

1. You can hide the entry header section from your single-post pages with this Custom CSS:

.single-post .entry-header {
    display: none !important;
    }

2. The background color of the tags section ( if you mean the whole section is the page wrapper background, if you want to modify it it will be modified for the whole page, which you can do it with this Custom CSS:

.single-post .page-wrap .content-wrapper {
    background-color: #1c1c1c !important;
    }

.single-post .page-wrap {
    background-color: #1c1c1c !important;
    }

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Unfortunately, the CSS above doesn’t remove the header completely. There is still a white space between the Sydney theme menu and my stick menu.

Do you know how to fix this?

Secondly, would it be possible to remove the tags sections at the bottom of my blog completely?

Thanks so much for your help

Paul

Hi,

You can remove the white space from below the menu with this Custom CSS:

.page .page-wrap .content-wrapper, .single .page-wrap .content-wrapper {
    padding-top: 0 !important;
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

The above CSS worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

I have one more problem that I would like to fix.

Is there some CSS code that you know that I could use to remove the “tag and previous blog section” at the bottom of the page between the page between the comments section and the copyright banner at the bottom of the page (Sorry I don’t know the technical name for these sections)

Thanks so much

Paul

Hi,

Yes, I guess you mean the entry footer and the post navigation, if so, then please try this Custom CSS and let me know how it works:

.entry-footer {
}

.post-navigation {
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for your help.

That did work :smiley: and did remove the post navigation as you had thought,

I found that there is still a problem however, I am using comments evolved for my post pages and static pages and don’t need the blog default comments on my posts.

Please can you tell me of the CSS needed to remove the default comments section from showing on blog post pages?

as you can see it looks pretty ugly between my black row and the bottom bar of the blog http://www.gogohopping.com/10-things-you-must-do-when-visiting-thailand/

Thanks Csaba

Paul

Hi,

You can remove the default Comments Area with this Custom CSS:

#comments {
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Thanks Csaba,

The CSS above worked in removing the comments box … but there was still a white bar that remained after entering the CSS

I added the below text and it fixed it.

layout-full .panel-row-style.no-bottom-padding {
margin-top: 0;
padding-top: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
margin-bottom: -30px;
}

Thanks

Paul

Hi,

Great! I’m glad it’s resolved! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
Csaba