Change space between widgets/rows

Hello,

I have tried everything to make the space smaller between the header and first widget/row and also between the different widget/rows.
See my website to make it more clear what I mean.
http://carmenvulink.com.au/services-3/
Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
Carmen.

Hello Carmen,

Please use this CSS code to reduce padding on that particular page:

.page-id-324 .panel-row-style {
    padding: 10px 0px !important;
}

You can use it for other pages by using respective page id, also you can use it for all pages by removing .page-id-324 part completely.

You can find the class with page ID by viewing the source code of a page in browser an find this line:

<body class="home page page-id-1 page-template…

page-id-1 is a class with your page ID.

You can add CSS code to style.css file of your child theme, also you can use Simple Custom CSS or similar plugin for adding CSS code.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

Thank you so much for your help!
It worked for all pages except for the blog page.
The blog title goes now automatically too high and I can’t find the page-id.
It says <body class=“blog logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support”>
http://carmenvulink.com.au/blog/

Thanks,
Carmen.

Okay Carmen,

As I understand, you want to lower the title of the first post on your blog page.

To do so, you can go to your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize -> General -> change top padding to something like 100px -> click Save & Publish.

I hope that it will help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes that’s what I meant.
Thanks Roman! Really appreciate your help.
Kind regards, Carmen.

You are welcome Carmen!

It would be nice if you leave your feedback for Sydney theme at WordPress.org, here is a quick link :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
I have a related question:
how do I increase or decrease space between body text rows/lines?
Thank you so much in advance!
P

Hello P,

body element in Sydney theme already has a default rule line-height: 24px;. If you override it with !important keyword it might break the styling of other elements. So, can you please be more specific and provide a link to your website?

It is better to create your own topic for your question to keep forum in good order (and add links to relevant topics there).

Kind Regards, Roman.

I am trying to reduce the space between the title and the content in text widget in sydney wordpress theme, i tried the codes you provided here also i tried many css codes i found on the internet but not luck, can you help me with it please?

Hello Shadi,

Please create a new topic for your issue and provide some explanatory screenshots with a link to your website.

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

Kind Regards, Roman.