Change size of featured image from blog post at the homepage

Hello!

Before Talon, I was using Illdy theme. Check demo here.

I’m much happier with Talon, but there is one thing I’m not really happy about: the way featured images from blog posts are shown at the homepage.

In Illdy, even images with different sizes have same height and width and, of course, with constrained proportions. I don’t like how Talon generates featured images from blog posts at the homepage with different height and weight.

Is there a code I can add to CSS to make those featured images look like in Illdy?

If necessary, my website is Pandartt.

Regards,
Giovanna

Hello Giovanna,

I would like to suggest you to cut those images manually (to achieve the same aspect ratio). Because you’ll be able to cut the right side of images. For example, the third image under Últimos artigos title can be cut from the left side and it will still look good. However, if that image is automatically cut from both sides, it won’t look very nice because laptop will be cut. You can even do it in your WordPress Media Library.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman,

Thanks for the reply. I’ll accept your suggestion. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Giovanna

Roman,

I cut the images using WordPress like you suggested. Aspect ratio is 10:6. However, now the thumbnails are square. I would like them to be rectangular.

Is there a simple way to achieve this?

Thank you,
Giovanna

Hello Giovanna,

Actually, talon-home-large size that is used there is 280×280px.

You can change it using Simple Image Sizes plugin:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman,

I’m sorry for the late reply. I’ve been working a lot in the past few months and your e-mail got lost in my Inbox.

Using Simple Image Sizes plugin worked perfectly. Now the images are rectangular (320x220px) the way I wanted to.

Thank you very much!

Great! You are welcome Giovanna! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.