Change site color with Customize

Hello-

I love this theme!!

I am trying to change the primary color from the default to another one. When I select the new color and save the changes, the preview screen shows the new color selection. However, when I go back to the live site the updates do not show. If I go back to the customize section, the color I selected is there (not the default).

I have tried to deactivate all of the plugins and make the changes… the results were the same. Can you please suggest another way to make this change?

Thank you,
David

Hi,

After doing any kind of change, please clear your site cache and the browser cache, so maybe it’s not showing the changes, because of cache.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello Csaba,

Thank you for your reply. I have cleared my cache… even rebooted my computer. I still can not change the primary color.

I did some further research… I am using a child theme and I am making the change in the child theme. I did an “Inspect” on the site. It looks like the primary color I chose is selected, but the default over-rides my selection. Please go to www.homeschoolbackpack.com to see.

Thank you,
David

Hello Csaba,

Have you been able to look at this again?

Thank you,
David

Hi,

Have you checked this with the Parent Theme? It works with the Parent Theme? Please check.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello Csaba,

Yes… it does work in the parent theme; however, I am using a child theme. Is there code I can add to my css file that will use the customization in the child theme?

Hi,

Please try to include js / customizer.js and inc / customizer.php in your Child Theme, by creating 2 folders in your Child Theme’s folder: “inc” and “js” and copy customizer.php to inc and customizer.js to js folder from the parent theme to the Child Theme’s folder then try to re-set the colors and let me know how it works then.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello Csaba,

I tried the suggestions recommended… it is still defaulting to the yellow color.

Thank you,
David

Hi,

Are you sure you added the files correctly, in the folders, how I have specified? So customizer.js in a folder you create inside the Child Theme folder called “js” and customizer.php in a folder you created and called “inc” ? Adding those files it have to work if it didn’t worked previously, but please double check that the files to contain all code from parent theme and also the folder names to be correct and then try to change the color settings inside the Child Theme’s Customise panel.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello Csaba,

Yes, they are copied exactly as stated above. I copied these files directly from the alizee-pro/js/customizer.js to (my child folder) alizee-pro-child/js/customizer.js and alizee-pro/inc/customizer.php to (my child folder) alizee-pro-child/inc/customizer.php . Interesting thing is when I go to the editor in my Wordpress dashboard the customizer.js is not there, but when I access the file manager through my cpanel, I can see the file. The customizer.php file is there in both views.

Lastly, I changed the “default” color directly in the customizer.php file in my child to see if that would change the view. It still is showing the old default.

Thank you,
David

Hi,

The .js file don’t have to show up in wp-admin / Appearance / Editor, that’s normal. Please give me an admin access to your site in email to csaba.athemes@gmail.com and a link to this topic, so I can check this issue further in your wp-admin.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello Csaba,

I just added you as an admin.

Thank you,
David

Hi,

Ok, I will check and will reply to you in email.

Best Regards,
Csaba