Change sidebar background color for all pages in Sydney

I want to change the background color of the sidebar for all pages but have not been able to find anything that works.

Hello there,

Add the following CSS code into Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS in your site dashboard.

#secondary {
  background-color: #cccccc;
  color: #ff0000;
}

#secondary, #secondary a, 
#secondary .widget-title {
    color: #ff0000;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you Kharis, but before I put this in I have a question or two to make sure we’re on the exact same page. I see code for the title font color as well, -I think anyway, this is really my first time trying to play with css- or am I mistaken?. I don’t want that to change, just the background. Nor do I want this to affect the appearance of anything else. My apologies if I’m way off, I just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing.

Hello there,

Also add color declaration as changing background color would affect the text visibility. You can remove it as you want. You can just use this code if you feel the text color is fine.

#secondary {
  background-color: #cccccc;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis,
Sorry for the late reply to this. This worked perfectly! And I did end up wanting to change the text color so I ended up using the code you originally gave me. I will never question your wisdom again. :slight_smile:
Thank you!

You’re welcome and best wishes!