Change Page Title Link

Hi,
i want to change the link in the page title to homepage instead of blog homepage (upper left corner of the site has my site name and is linked to blog instead of homepage). i am not primarily a blogger, the site is portfolio based and that should be the default landing page.

how do you do it? i haven’t used this theme long enough to commit to going pro. i hope this is not a pro-only feature!
thanks for help!

Hello there,

You can mange your site URL from Dashboard > Settings > General.

Refer to this codex page for more detailed information.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, Thank you for the quick response.
I am trying to see if this theme does what i want before going pro. i have committed to themes in the past only to find them lacking. Here’s the problem having https://www.craftedbymarci.com/homepage isn’t good.

Homepage should not have anything after the url, currently the blog landing page is set correctly https://www.mywebsite/- another issue is that i can’t locate the page that is currently the homepage. it’s a blog landing page. where is it? it isn’t in posts pages or anywhere else i can identify. the current blog landing page needs it’s url changed to something like the siteurl/blog
I will absolutely go pro if i can get some help fixing the current settings. i am not comfortable with .php
can you help me? i’m on deadline and need to verify with google

Hello there,

From your site’s dashboard, please go to Settings > Reading. On “Your homepage displays” section, choose a static page. Select your Homepage for “Homepage” dropdown and Blog page for “Posts page”.

Regards,
Kharis

awesome! that did it. Thank you!

does setting the homepage to static limit the number of projects you can have? I’m asking because the max since I changed the page to static seems to be 16 I set the number to -1 to show all. it doesn’t work

Try 999999 to show all.

Regards,
Kharis

that worked! thank you!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

I do have another question. at the bottom of each projects page is a container with ‘customers also viewed’ links. i would like to add images to those generated links if possible. it gets a higher conversion rate with images. i can’t locate this. is it possible to add images? where do i find this to customize it?

Are you referring to the two links that look like this?

https://demo.athemes.com/talon/projects/project-gamma/

Regards,
Kharis

Yes, the project delta and beta

Hello there,

To accomplish it, you’d need to add this PHP snippet to your child theme’s functions.

add_filter('previous_post_link', 'talon_child_post_nav_thumbnail', 20, 5 );
    add_filter('next_post_link', 'talon_child_post_nav_thumbnail', 20, 5 );
    function talon_child_post_nav_thumbnail($output, $format, $link, $post, $adjacent) {

if( !$output ) {
     		return;
      }

if( !is_singular('projects') ) {
        return $output;
      }

$rel   = $adjacent;
      $thumb = get_the_post_thumbnail($post->ID, 'talon-home-large');
      $title = '<div>' . $post->post_title . '</div>';

$class = '';
    	if( !empty($thumb) ) {
    		$class = 'post-nav-has-thumbnail';
    	}

$string = '<a href="' . get_permalink( $post->ID ) . '" rel="' . $rel . '" class="'.$class.'">' . $thumb;
      $inlink = str_replace( '%title', $title, $link );
      $inlink = $string . $inlink . '</a>';
      $output = str_replace( '%link', $inlink, $format );

if( !$post->ID ) {
        return;
      }

return $output;

}

If you planned not to use a child theme, alternatively you could use a plugin that allows functions addition like Functionality or Code Snippets.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

Can you help me do this? Give me specific thorough instructions?

I’m not comfortable with PHP at all.

Marcia Broderick

Designer . Digital Media

www.marcibroderick.com design • digital media
www.linkedin.com/in/marcibroderick LinkedIn
1.206.419.9604 mobile

Hello there,

1. Go to Plugins > Add New menu;
  2. Search for “Code Snippets”; install and activate it;
  3. Install and activate it. A new Snippets menu will appear in left side;
  4. Click Snippets > Add New;
  5. Enter a your preferred title; paste the code into the Code box;
  6. Enable either “Run snippet everywhere” or “Only run on site front-end”;
  7. Save changes and activate

Regards,
Kharis

AWESOME! that worked. i’m sold. thanks so much!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis