Change or remove the line

where do we edit the line above each new post displayed in the home page if we opt to show posts as main page.

There is a bold line on top of the post title.

Thanks.

Can you please provide a link to your site so we can see?

Hi Rameeadam,

You can make some style changes to do this. I will advise you to make the changes in the style.css file of your Child theme or to use My custom css plugin to make the changes to preserve the changes on update.

To remove both the thin and bold line use

.entry-footer {
	border: none;
}

and to remove just the bold line and keep the thin line use

.entry-footer {
	border-width: 1px 0 0;
}

But the above will have the effect in all the pages including single or post detail pages. so if you want the changes only in home page use the below

.home .entry-footer {
}
.home .entry-footer {
	border-width: 1px 0 0;
}

Hope it helps

Thanks

Hi,

That works.
How do we go about the sidebar and single post authorbox bold line.

The theme is really great, its just to many black lines that captures the eyes of the users and taking it away from the main content.

Hi,

Yes indeed this is a great theme and these black lines are part of the design but having said that we encourage the user to customize it basing on their need.

I visited the site and found you are willing to remove the bold black line so to remove it from the sidebar add below:

.widget-title {
}

I looked into the author box and didnt find any bold lines. so can you tell me which lines are you talking about here?

Thanks

Hi Matty

I was able to edit the author box and changed the bold line px size.

If my partner is happy in the completed output of this project site, will definitely be sharing something to you guys.

Thanks!

The changes I made might have caused this disarrangement for the post nav. I tried to look for it in css, but I am not sure which post nav the phrase is contained.

please see image.

And 1 more thing, where to increase the size of the featured image using blog posts in home page.

Does it have the capability to show 1 big image and 3 side boxed images as clickable thumbnails to the article?

Hi

First of all thanks for your generous gesture. I hope your partner likes the changes.

I dont see any disarrangement in the image, everything looks good.

You can increase the size of the featured image by adding the image size using add_image_size in your child theme’s function.php file and then using that handle to use it in respective page

Hope it helps

Thanks

The featured images are not resized when I edit that.

For home, I need the featured images shown to be higher. Which line to be specific in the functions.php? thank you.

Hi,

Once you have added a new image size, WordPress automatically doesn’t create the image size for the older images, though the new images will be re-sized to the new image size.

For the older images, you need to regenerate those, use this Plugin from wordpress.org to do this.

Thanks

Hello Matty my blog is www.theevolvinglotus.com and I want to change the position of the 2nd menu bar (the two lines double lines) so that its like this http://lisaferlazzo.com/ as well as move the Search and archives below to the 2nd menu bar like lisa’s web site how can I do that?
HELP PLEASE.

Hi Elanda,

First of all i would advice you to create new threads for new issues further, that way we can keep the issues and solutions to it exclusive, which will help others looking for a similar issue.

I looked into your site and you are using a different theme, you need to switch to fashionista for me to help you

Thanks