Change Link for "Latest News" Call-to-Action Button

Hello,

My site is anotherknowitallsports.com. I’m trying to change the link that the call to action button for the Latest News section on my home page (currently “Visit the Blog” in the last row) goes to. Right now, it always goes to the 3rd-most recent post, the one that’s on the right of the screen on the front page. How do I change where it links to? I want it to link to my blog page, which is called “Latest” (anotherknowitallsports.com/latest).

Thank you for the wonderful theme and any help you can provide!

Hello @CB31,

Please go to your Dashboard -> Pages -> Edit your front page -> Edit Sydney FP: Latest News widget -> make sure that Enter the slug for your category or leave empty to show posts from all categories. field is empty.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello @Roman,

The slug field is empty. It correctly shows my most recent posts from all categories.

My problem is that the call-to-action button (on my site it’s “Visit the Blog”, and the default is “See all our news”) does not link to the page I want it to. I want it to link to my blog page (anotherknowitallsports.com/latest), but instead it links to an article, which always happens to be my 3rd-most-recent article (the rightmost article displayed by the widget).

2 other call-to-action buttons (the first one, “Read and react now” and the third, “Or read the latest from all”) both link to the page I want the last button to link to.

How can I change where that last button generated by the Latest News widget links to?

I hope I’m being clear; I’m happy to try and clarify further if necessary!

Thank you so much!

Okay @CB31,

Can you please delete that widget and then configure it once again?

Also please try to enter some slug just to see if it works.

If it won’t help, try to deactivate all your plugins except recommended for your theme.

Please let me know about results.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Unfortunately, that didn’t work; the Latest News button still doesn’t link to my blog page. Any other ideas? Thanks again.

Hello @CB31,

Please try one more trick, create another identical widget and see if it works properly. Then, if it works, delete old one and see if new one still works.

I hope that it will help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you for your help, Roman. I couldn’t get it to work. Using category slugs, however, did work, so I simply made another category to put all my posts in one place and used that slug for the call-to-action button. That worked well enough.

I appreciate your patience and help!

You are welcome @CB31,

I am glad that you found a workaround.

I marked this topic as Resolved.

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello there,

I am actually having the exact same problem with an additional problem.

1. The slug does work, but it meant I have to put every post into a category which is not very productive. It woudl be much appreciated if we can direct it to a link where the blog page with all the posts is located

2. Also I am unable to figure out how to create a page that will show all the posts one the page (just like http://demo.athemes.com/sydney/my-blog/) What do I need to do to replicate the page?

Thank you

Forgot to click “notify me of follow-up replies via eamil”

Thanks again

Hello @dfman18,

I have replied in your own topic.

CB31, I kindly suggest you to check it as well, it’s here.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Ah ha! That did the trick!!! Ha. Maybe add that to the docs (Unless I overlooked it)