Change height of message box in Ninja form

Hi there,

I am using the Sydney theme for a website I’m working on and I am using the Ninja Form plugin as a contact form.

I have been attempting to input some custom CSS that will allow me to change the height of text box 3 in the Ninja form. I have had no luck and contacted Ninja Forms with this query. They replied as follows:

“We adhere to the styling of your forms theme & that’s what dictates the output of your form. Unfortunately we aren’t able to troubleshot outside code, but you should be able to connect with your theme developer & they should be able to help more appropriately & specifically.”

So I was hoping someone from Athemes would be able to suggest what code I should use to achieve this please?

Thanks in advance,
Laura

Hello Laura,

Please share a link to your page where I can check that form.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks, here is the page:

http://demo.nubandgist.co.uk/book-an-appointment/

I want to make the message box smaller.

Thanks,
Laura

Hello Laura,

Visiting that link is only displaying a “coming soon” message. Is there any other way for me? Would you mind disabling “coming soon” locker temporarily?

Regards,
Kharis

Sorry Kharis, try it now. Thanks, Laura

Hello there,

Please add this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.nf-field-element textarea {
      height: 400px;
    } 

Adjust the value to any px that meets your need.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for the response. I have added the code and changed the height value to 70 px, but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference to the box. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Laura

Hello Laura,

Try adding an !important argument to set highest priority.

.nf-field-element textarea {
      height: 70px !important;
    }  

Regards,
Kharis

Perfect - this worked! Thank you Kharis.

Laura

You’re welcome Laura!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis