Change Font Size

I would like to increase the font size, what do I need to do?

http://www.pinesandpalmettos.com/

Hi

As you havent mentioned the particular section you want the change in font size.

So I will advice you to find the element and use font-size property to make it work.

To know more on font-size, check the link http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_font_font-size.asp

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Thanks!

You are welcome :slight_smile:

I want to set a default font size for the body content in posts to 12px

theme Fashionistas

Currently when we wp-press text its font default size is 10px or 9px whatever its to small and I want to remove the need to have to highlight all content in the body and set a font size every-time we start work on drafts.

Its really a shame there isn’t a “settings page” in place to manage “global setting” to make changes for fonts styles and font sizes on a global bases for the text particularly in the body content. something that doesn’t require coding knowledge just select and click

editor-in-chief@4cminews.com
Gary

Hi fourcm

I looked into the site and the default font size for body content is 14px. Can you share a link or if possible a screenshot to let us know which section are you indicating to.

Also this is a free theme and author has put in loads of time and hard work to get this what it is now, any new feature can be put up as a suggestion and is welcome, but I dont think any discouraging words will help anyone in any way.

Thanks

Hi Matty,

I don’t know about ‘fourcm’ but I would also like to increase the size of the body content.

I am looking at the stylesheet, style.css and I can see where the author has indicated a global section for the content styles.

I see the body content controls first but I don’t see a font-size code line that can be adjusted. All I see is this;

body {
color: #333;
font-weight: 400;
font-family: Georgia, “Times New Roman”, Times, serif;
line-height: 1.8;
background: #fff;
}

I’m not a programmer so I’m not sure if this section is even controlling the font size at all.

If I scroll down further I see a section where each of the heading tags are assigned a font size, but I don’t see where the main body content size is determined.

I want to increase the font size of all the content globally that is inside a post or page, where can I do that?

Hi A

can you share a link for me to have a look?

Thanks

Hey Adam,

Sorry to come in late on this. I’ve been having the same problem for days and FINALLY figured out a solution I like.

I tried adding
body {
font-size: 14px;
font-size: 1.4em;
}

to the stylesheet (at the end of the headings section, although I don’t think it matters) and it increased the size of ALL text, not just the page/post font size. Like you I kept looking through the stylesheet and found no setting for body content specifically.

After a lot of poking around on the internet I tried adding this:
p {
font-size: 12px;
font-size: 1.2em;
}
at the end of the Header code on the stylesheet and that seems to have done what I wanted – increased the font size on the page and post content, but not any other features.

Hope that helps you! I blew a couple hours on it before I figured it out… still pretty new to the grandeur of a fully customizable site :slight_smile: